|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time in the morning does Henry usually sit waiting to see if he can work?
(a) 6 a.m. to 8 a.m.
(b) 7 to 8 p.m.
(c) 5 a.m. to 7 a.m.
(d) 3 to 5 a.m.
2. How does the author describe Matthew Battles's attire?
(d) Too tight.
3. Where does Henry and the Texan's wedding take place?
(a) Las Vegas.
4. Who is G.G.?
(a) George Grimes.
(b) George Green.
(c) George Greene.
(d) Gil Greene.
5. What does Henry say when he reports to Prell station?
(a) That he is being harassed.
(b) That is he not getting assignments.
(c) That the manager should hire him.
(d) That he is unable to do his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "soup" stand for in this book?
2. How is the Texan woman described in Chapter 2?
3. How many years of service does The Stone have?
4. Who advises Henry to report to Prell Station?
5. What route does Henry draw after Prell Station?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the job a "soup" entail as described in the book?
2. What happens with Henry and the buffalo?
3. What happens when The Stone assigns all subs except Henry?
4. What is The Stone's reaction to Henry's clawed up face after the registered letter incident?
5. Who is Gramps Wally?
6. What steps did it take for Henry to get hired at the post office, and how does he do?
7. Describe Henry's job on Route 539.
8. Where do Joyce and Henry get their money in her hometown?
9. Describe Jonstone.
10. Why does delivering a registered letter on Route 511 go bad for Henry?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)