|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who drives Henry around in Chapter 2 to scare him?
(b) Joyce's father.
(c) A midget.
(d) Joyce's husband.
2. When Henry is almost attacked by the German shepherd in Chapter 1, where is the German shepherd trying to bite him?
(a) His leg.
(b) His thigh.
(c) His jugular.
(d) His arm.
3. Who does the accusation against G.G. involve?
(a) A widow on his route.
(b) A new girl in the neighborhood on his route.
(c) A mother on his route.
(d) A man on his route.
4. What happens to Betty and Henry's relationship in Chapter 2?
(a) They go to marriage counseling.
(b) They separate, then get back together.
(c) They break up.
(d) It gets stronger.
5. What is the relationship like between Henry and The Stone?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Henry get to work as postal carrier, as described in Chapter 1?
2. What is the first reason Henry is written up when he is on Route 539?
3. What time does Henry get to the track in Chapter 2?
4. What kind of problem does Henry say the regular carrier has in Chapter 1 after a woman asks where he is?
5. Who gets angry in Chapter 2 when Henry winks at him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Joyce and Henry get their money in her hometown?
2. What happens with Henry and the buffalo?
3. What does Henry do when he has a handful of mail addressed to a church with no mailbox?
4. How does the author describe Joyce's hometown?
5. Why does the midget take Henry and drive him around town?
6. Why does Henry decide to go to work for the postal service?
7. What is the response to the 30-page report Henry files against Jonstone?
8. What happens when The Stone assigns all subs except Henry?
9. Describe Henry's job on Route 539.
10. What is The Stone's reaction to Henry's clawed up face after the registered letter incident?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)