|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry drink while working the required response in Chapter 3?
(a) Just beer.
(b) Just whiskey.
(c) A fifth of whiskey and a six-pack of beer.
2. What does the women in Chapter 3 need an explanation of in 10 days?
(a) The lies on his application.
(b) His spotty work history.
(c) His terrible record.
(d) He previous discipline with the post office.
3. Where is Betty working when Henry sees her in Chapter 3?
(a) A fast-food restaurant.
(b) A loser's hotel.
(c) A fancy hotel.
(d) The post office.
4. Out of the original 150-200 zones, how many remain in Chapter 3?
(d) 17 to 18.
5. What does Fay have when she gives birth?
(a) Twin girls.
(b) Twin boys.
(c) A baby boy.
(d) A baby girl.
6. Where does Fay move in Chapter 4?
(d) New Mexico.
7. In Chapter 4, what does Henry develop a new system for?
(a) His dating life.
(b) The racetrack.
(c) His home.
(d) The post office.
8. How much does Henry win in six weeks in Chapter 4?
9. What color is Fay's hair?
10. How far away does the racetrack move in Chapter 4?
(a) 100 miles north.
(b) 100 miles south.
(c) Closer to his home.
(d) 10 miles south.
11. What does Henry tell Mr. Winters in Chapter 4 about his job?
(a) He is fired.
(b) He has an arrest record.
(c) He resigns.
(d) He needs a leave of absence.
12. What does CP 1 stand for?
(a) Cafeteria Postal 1.
(b) City Post 1.
(c) City Primary 1.
(d) City Postal 1.
13. In Chapter 3, who is the person the post office sends to check on Henry?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A super.
(d) A police officer.
14. Who challenges Henry for Mary Lou?
(c) The bartender.
15. In Chapter 4, what kind of place does Henry look to eat at every night?
(a) A place where he can get free food.
(b) An expensive place.
(c) A cheap place.
(d) A crowded place.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Henry decide not to go to The Stone's retirement party?
2. In Chapter 3, who writes to Henry from Texas?
3. Who calls Henry to the federal building in Chapter 3?
4. Who invites Henry to The Stone's retirement party?
5. How old is Robby?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)