|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of health problem is Henry experiencing in Chapter 4?
(a) Throwing up.
(d) Dizzy spells.
2. What kind of signs suddenly appear at Henry's work in Chapter 5-6?
(a) No drinks.
(b) Wanted posters.
(c) No food.
(d) No smoking.
3. What is the letter of warning referring to?
(a) His arrest for drunk driving.
(b) His tardiness.
(c) His cheating.
4. Who is Marina?
(a) Mary Lou's daughter.
(b) Henry's daughter.
(c) Betty's daughter.
(d) Joyce's daughter.
5. What is the name of the person Betty talks about drinking with in Chapter 3?
6. When Henry first meets Mary Lou, what does he pretend?
(a) That she is his ex-wife.
(b) That they are strangers.
(c) That he is her husband.
(d) That she is his girlfriend.
7. How much does Henry weigh in Chapter 5-6?
(a) 223 pounds.
(b) 195 pounds.
(c) 185 pounds.
(d) 250 pounds.
8. What happens to Henry's apartment after the racetrack moves?
(a) Joyce moves into it.
(b) He gets rid of it.
(c) He keeps it.
(d) He subleases it.
9. Who gives Henry a letter of warning?
(a) The Police Department.
(c) The Post Office.
10. What keeps Henry from slitting his throat?
(a) His gambling addiction.
(b) His daughter.
(d) His job.
11. When does Henry's luck end in Chapter 4?
(a) After he leaves Mary Lou.
(b) When he meets Mary Lou.
(c) After Betty dies.
(d) After he meets Fay.
12. Who becomes pregnant in Chapter 4?
(d) Mary Lou.
13. How many colleagues of the woman in Chapter 3 read Henry's response?
14. What does Henry drink while working the required response in Chapter 3?
(b) A fifth of whiskey and a six-pack of beer.
(c) Just beer.
(d) Just whiskey.
15. What is Fay's hobby?
(a) Stamp collecting.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days was Henry absent without leave?
2. Where does Helen work?
3. In Chapter 4, what kind of place does Henry look to eat at every night?
4. When Henry sees Betty in Chapter 3, what does he do?
5. Who challenges Henry for Mary Lou?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)