|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Henry's postal application has a list of "8 to 10 raps"?
(a) The objective section.
(b) The references section.
(c) The arrest portion.
(d) The previous work history.
2. How much was Henry's weight previous to Chapter 5-6?
(a) 250 pounds.
(b) 223 pounds.
(c) 185 pounds.
(d) 195 pounds.
3. Who gets in trouble for setting fire to the post office when the ash from his cigar lands on a stack of third-class ?
(a) Matthew Battles.
(c) Skinny Beaver.
4. What does the women in Chapter 3 need an explanation of in 10 days?
(a) He previous discipline with the post office.
(b) His spotty work history.
(c) The lies on his application.
(d) His terrible record.
5. What does Betty do at her new job described in Chapter 3?
(a) She works the front desk.
(c) She changes sheets and cleans bathrooms.
(d) She cooks.
6. How long is Henry's response to the woman in Chapter 3?
(a) 2 pages.
(b) One sentence.
(c) 10 pages.
(d) 42 pages.
7. After his binge in the last half of the novel, what does Henry do?
(b) Goes gambling.
(d) Goes back to the post office.
8. What does Henry do to the person who tries to attack him in Chapter 4?
(a) Smashes his teeth out with a bottle.
(b) Slaps her.
(c) Smashes his or her face into a mirror.
(d) Pushes the person down.
9. Who invites Henry to The Stone's retirement party?
(a) Matthew Battles.
(c) Tom Moto.
10. How much whiskey do Betty and Henry have when they get together in Chapter 3?
(a) A fifth.
(b) A half-pint.
(c) A gallon.
(d) A pint.
11. Why does Henry decide not to go to The Stone's retirement party?
(a) He does not want to see him.
(b) He is afraid of what he will do.
(c) He feels like he would be intruding.
(d) He is worried he will get in trouble.
12. How far away does the racetrack move in Chapter 4?
(a) 100 miles north.
(b) 100 miles south.
(c) 10 miles south.
(d) Closer to his home.
13. What career does Henry want to pursue after the post office?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A trapper.
(c) A painter.
(d) A super.
14. What papers does Henry turn in toward the end of the book
(a) His military papers.
(b) His adoption papers.
(c) His driving papers.
(d) His resignation papers.
15. How long of a suspension does Henry get in Chapter 5?
(a) Two days.
(b) Three days.
(c) One week.
(d) 5 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fay's hobby?
2. What kind of signs suddenly appear at Henry's work in Chapter 5-6?
3. When was Henry absent without leave?
4. What does Betty get in exchange for the work that she does in Chapter 3?
5. Who does the statement "all geniuses are drunkards" refer to?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)