|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kinds of health tests does Henry take?
(a) Urine tests.
(d) Blood tests.
2. What has happened to Betty's looks since Henry last saw her?
(a) She dyed her hair.
(b) She got skinny.
(c) She has gotten fat.
(d) She become beautiful.
3. How much money does Joyce keep in the divorce?
(b) $1 million.
(c) They have no money.
(d) $3 to $4 million.
4. What does the plump girl mentioned in Chapter 5 make suggestions about?
(a) Postal routes.
(d) Throwing envelopes.
5. How long of a suspension does Henry get in Chapter 5?
(a) Two days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) One week.
(d) Three days.
6. The person sent by the post office to check on Henry in Chapter 3 wants him to what?
(a) Sign a form saying she was there.
(b) Take his medicine.
(c) Go to work.
(d) Go to jail.
7. Who gets in trouble for setting fire to the post office when the ash from his cigar lands on a stack of third-class ?
(b) Matthew Battles.
(d) Skinny Beaver.
8. What birthday is Henry just shy of when he resigns from the post office?
9. What part of Henry's postal application has a list of "8 to 10 raps"?
(a) The arrest portion.
(b) The references section.
(c) The previous work history.
(d) The objective section.
10. How long does Skinny Beaver say it has taken Henry to complete his tray in Chapter 5?
(a) 8 minutes.
(b) 5 minutes.
(c) 12 minutes.
(d) 28 minutes.
11. Who does Henry ask to marry him in Chapters 5-6?
(a) The cafeteria girl.
(d) Mary Lou.
12. What does Henry drink with dinner in Chapter 4?
(a) Red wine.
(b) Whiskey and beer.
(d) White wine.
13. Out of the original 150-200 zones, how many remain in Chapter 3?
(d) 17 to 18.
14. What keeps Henry from slitting his throat?
(a) His job.
(b) His gambling addiction.
(d) His daughter.
15. Who comes over for Christmas?
(c) Matthew Battles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the statement "all geniuses are drunkards" refer to?
2. What papers does Henry turn in toward the end of the book
3. What color is Fay's hair?
4. What does Betty do at her new job described in Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 4, what does Henry develop a new system for?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)