|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Henry sees Betty in Chapter 3, what does he do?
(a) Yells at her.
(b) Calls in sick to work.
(c) Brings her into work.
(d) Runs away.
2. What happens on the streets of LA in Chapter 4?
(a) It snows.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A hurricane.
3. What does the plump girl mentioned in Chapter 5 make suggestions about?
(b) Throwing envelopes.
(d) Postal routes.
4. How far away does the racetrack move in Chapter 4?
(a) 10 miles south.
(b) Closer to his home.
(c) 100 miles south.
(d) 100 miles north.
5. How long of a suspension does Henry get in Chapter 5?
(a) 5 days.
(b) Three days.
(c) One week.
(d) Two days.
6. How much does Henry weigh in Chapter 5-6?
(a) 250 pounds.
(b) 185 pounds.
(c) 223 pounds.
(d) 195 pounds.
7. What is the letter of warning referring to?
(a) His cheating.
(b) His tardiness.
(c) His arrest for drunk driving.
8. What does CP 1 stand for?
(a) City Post 1.
(b) Cafeteria Postal 1.
(c) City Primary 1.
(d) City Postal 1.
9. Who calls Henry to the federal building in Chapter 3?
(b) The super.
(d) A postal carrier.
10. In Chapter 3, who is the person that Joyce has not told about her fortune?
(a) Purple Stickpin.
11. What is Fay's hobby?
(c) Stamp collecting.
12. What birthday is Henry just shy of when he resigns from the post office?
13. What career does Henry want to pursue after the post office?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A super.
(c) A trapper.
(d) A painter.
14. What papers does Henry turn in toward the end of the book
(a) His driving papers.
(b) His resignation papers.
(c) His adoption papers.
(d) His military papers.
15. What is the name of the person Betty talks about drinking with in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that men at the post office should be judged on 10 trays or one night's work?
2. What does Butchner do?
3. The person sent by the post office to check on Henry in Chapter 3 wants him to what?
4. How long was the tray supposed to take in Chapter 5 when Henry gets in trouble?
5. Who does the statement "all geniuses are drunkards" refer to?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)