|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Henry first meets Mary Lou, what does he pretend?
(a) That she is his girlfriend.
(b) That they are strangers.
(c) That she is his ex-wife.
(d) That he is her husband.
2. What gets ripped out of the post office building that upsets Henry?
(a) The nurse's office.
(b) His trays.
(c) Drinking fountains.
(d) The cafeteria.
3. Who was shocked to learn about Henry and Joyce's divorce?
(a) Purple Stickpin.
4. Who does Henry ask to marry him in Chapters 5-6?
(b) Mary Lou.
(d) The cafeteria girl.
5. What color is Fay's hair?
6. Who is not expected to live in Chapter 3?
(a) Joyce's grandma.
(b) Henry's grandma.
(c) Joyce's grandfather.
(d) Betty's grandma.
7. How much was Henry's weight previous to Chapter 5-6?
(a) 250 pounds.
(b) 195 pounds.
(c) 185 pounds.
(d) 223 pounds.
8. In Chapter 3, who is the person the post office sends to check on Henry?
(a) A super.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A nurse.
9. How much was Henry's life worth in Chapter 4?
(b) $400 to $500.
10. Why does Fay always wear black?
(a) Because her son died.
(b) To protest her horrible job.
(c) It is slimming.
(d) To protest the war.
11. Who gives Henry a letter of warning?
(b) The Post Office.
(c) The Police Department.
12. When does Henry's luck end in Chapter 4?
(a) After he meets Fay.
(b) After Betty dies.
(c) When he meets Mary Lou.
(d) After he leaves Mary Lou.
13. Where does Henry have pain in Chapters 5 -6?
(a) His right arm.
(b) His head.
(c) His back.
14. What kind of drug does a doctor prescribe for Henry?
15. How much whiskey do Betty and Henry have when they get together in Chapter 3?
(a) A fifth.
(b) A pint.
(c) A half-pint.
(d) A gallon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far away does the racetrack move in Chapter 4?
2. What keeps Henry from slitting his throat?
3. Where does Henry stay after the racetrack moves?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Joyce give Henry?
5. What career does Henry want to pursue after the post office?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)