|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henry's wife referred to as in the beginning of the book?
(a) A shackjob.
(b) A gold digger.`
(c) A nut.
(d) A witch.
2. How many years has Matthew Battles been a carrier?
3. What do Henry and his wife spend all of their money on, as stated in the Chapter 1?
4. How old is the Texan woman?
5. What happens to Battles in Chapter 1 that depresses a supervisor?
(a) Battles falls ill.
(b) Battles is killed.
(c) Battles is arrested.
(d) Battles is fired.
6. What makes Henry start to lose money at the racetrack?
(a) Betty and her new boyfriend.
(b) Keeping other men away from the Texan.
(c) The super.
(d) The Texan trying to distract him.
7. In Chapter 1, which route is described as "an average residential neighborhood with nice weather, no dogs, and no human voices for hours"?
(a) Route 539.
(b) Route 511.
(c) Route 600.
(d) Route 545.
8. What does the woman who is the recipient of the registered letter do to Henry's face?
(a) Punches him.
(b) Slaps him.
(c) Pokes him in the eye.
(d) Scratches it.
9. Does Henry get in trouble for what he does to the registered letter woman in Chapter 1?
(b) Yes, but only with his wife.
(c) Not at the post office, but he is arrested.
10. Whose wife does Henry flirt with in Chapter 2?
(a) The mechanic's wife.
(b) The super's wife.
(c) The front gate man's wife.
(d) The racetrack owner's wife.
11. What does G.G. miss for the first time after the accusation?
(a) The morning dispatch.
(b) The Christmas party.
(c) Two days of work.
(d) His entire route.
12. In Chapter 2, who is the town bully?
(b) Joyce's brother.
(c) Joyce's cousin.
(d) Grandpa Wally.
13. Who advises Henry to report to Prell Station?
(a) Bobby Hansen.
(d) The Stone.
14. What does Henry tell the woman who is the recipient of the registered letter in Chapter 1?
(a) She is a horrible person.
(b) She can forget ever getting her mail again.
(c) If she does not sign, she is robbing the US mail.
(d) She can die.
15. What is The Stone's real name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which supervisor was depressed in Chapter 1 about Battles?
2. Why does Betty get upset with Henry in Chapter 2?
3. What do the townspeople in Chapter 2 think of Henry?
4. Why is the route Henry draws after Prell Station one of the toughest routes?
5. What is the relationship like between Henry and The Stone?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)