|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the post office issue him when Henry is first hired?
(a) A leather sack.
(b) A uniform and a cap.
(c) A uniform but no cap.
(d) A cap but no uniform.
2. Whose hometown is picked by experts as the least likely to be hit with an atomic bomb?
(b) The Super's.
3. What kind of sack does Henry Chinaski find himself wearing in the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. What is the Texan's name?
5. Who did the money belong to that was stolen from the mail in Chapter 1?
(a) The Nekalayla Temple
(b) The Lutheran Church.
(c) The priest.
(d) The Jewish temple.
6. What happens on the 100-degree day that upsets Henry in Chapter 1?
(a) A woman demands he return a piece of mail that is not hers.
(b) People are swimming in their pools.
(c) A woman rambles on and on.
(d) Another dog attacks him.
7. What does Henry tell the woman who is the recipient of the registered letter in Chapter 1?
(a) If she does not sign, she is robbing the US mail.
(b) She can die.
(c) She can forget ever getting her mail again.
(d) She is a horrible person.
8. Does Henry get in trouble for what he does to the registered letter woman in Chapter 1?
(a) Not at the post office, but he is arrested.
(b) Yes, but only with his wife.
9. What happens to G.G. at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) He is sent to prison.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He is arrested.
(d) He is never seen again, and we are not sure why.
10. Which supervisor was depressed in Chapter 1 about Battles?
(a) The Oakford super.
(b) The Stone.
(c) Bobby Hansen.
(d) The West Avon super.
11. What is intriguing about one of Henry's customers while he works at the Prell Station?
(a) One of the women gives him a bonus check.
(b) One of the women wears lingerie.
(c) One of the women gives him lingerie for his wife.
(d) One of the women bakes him cookies.
12. Which relative of Joyce's does Henry think is cool?
(a) Her stepbrother.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Grandpa Wally.
(d) Her father.
13. What does Henry say when he reports to Prell station?
(a) That he is unable to do his job.
(b) That is he not getting assignments.
(c) That he is being harassed.
(d) That the manager should hire him.
14. What do Henry and his wife spend all of their money on, as stated in the Chapter 1?
15. What does the woman who is the recipient of the registered letter do to Henry's face?
(a) Punches him.
(b) Slaps him.
(c) Pokes him in the eye.
(d) Scratches it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who assumes Henry is after Joyce's money?
2. What does G.G. miss for the first time after the accusation?
3. Who advises Henry to report to Prell Station?
4. How is the Texan woman described in Chapter 2?
5. Where does Henry pick up Betty from in his daily routine in Chapter 2?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)