|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Henry start to lose money at the racetrack?
(a) The Texan trying to distract him.
(b) Keeping other men away from the Texan.
(c) The super.
(d) Betty and her new boyfriend.
2. Who advises Henry to report to Prell Station?
(b) Bobby Hansen.
(c) The Stone.
3. What do Henry and his wife spend all of their money on, as stated in the Chapter 1?
4. What is Henry's wife referred to as in the beginning of the book?
(a) A witch.
(b) A shackjob.
(c) A gold digger.`
(d) A nut.
5. What day is it when Henry stands up to the town bully?
(a) Blue jeans day.
(b) Khaki day.
6. What does Henry lose when the story gets around town about him being scared of the animal in Chapter 2?
(a) His self-respect.
(b) His wife.
(c) His money.
(d) His swagger.
7. What is the next station Henry goes to as mentioned in Chapter 1, parts 1-11?
(a) The west garage.
(b) Oakford Station
(c) The Stone.
(d) West Avon Station.
8. Who assumes Henry is after Joyce's money?
(a) Joyce's father.
(b) Joyce's grandfather.
(d) Joyce's brother.
9. What does the woman who is the recipient of the registered letter do to Henry's face?
(a) Scratches it.
(b) Punches him.
(c) Pokes him in the eye.
(d) Slaps him.
10. What did Henry have to do to become a substitute mail carrier?
(a) Fill out an application.
(b) Take an exam and physical.
(c) Simply sign up.
(d) Call a friend.
11. Who is G.G.?
(a) George Green.
(b) George Grimes.
(c) Gil Greene.
(d) George Greene.
12. When Henry is on Route 539, how late is he because of the German Shepherd attack?
(a) 1 hour, 40 minutes.
(b) He never goes back.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 40 minutes.
13. What happens when Henry has to deliver a registered letter in Chapter 1?
(a) He burns it.
(b) He drops it in the garbage.
(c) He waits and waits until someone will answer.
(d) He forces his way in when the person won't answer the door.
14. How many years of service does The Stone have?
15. Who is "The Stone"?
(a) The man who works in the west garage.
(b) The superintendent at Oakford station.
(c) A resident on his postal route.
(d) The superintendent at West Avon station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry buy half a pint of for breakfast in Chapter 1?
2. When does Henry get to work as postal carrier, as described in Chapter 1?
3. How many years has G.G. been working for the postal service?
4. What kind of problem does Henry say the regular carrier has in Chapter 1 after a woman asks where he is?
5. What is the name of the regular carrier the woman annoys Henry by asking about in Chapter 1?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)