|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does Betty get a job doing?
(a) Cleaning houses.
(c) Washing hair.
(d) At the post office.
2. Why does Betty get upset with Henry in Chapter 2?
(a) She doesn't want everyone to think she is supporting him.
(b) He is late picking her up at the bus stop.
(c) He doesn't have a car.
(d) He spends too much money at the racetrack.
3. When does Henry get to work as postal carrier, as described in Chapter 1?
(a) Whenever he likes.
(b) When someone who has a regular route calls in sick.
(c) Not very often.
(d) If a superintendent likes him.
4. What does Prell Station give Henry?
(a) A steady paycheck.
(b) A discipline report.
(c) Special assignments.
(d) A bonus.
5. Who is G.G.?
(a) George Green.
(b) George Greene.
(c) George Grimes.
(d) Gil Greene.
6. In Chapter 1, which route is described as "an average residential neighborhood with nice weather, no dogs, and no human voices for hours"?
(a) Route 545.
(b) Route 600.
(c) Route 539.
(d) Route 511.
7. When Henry is on Route 539, how late is he because of the German Shepherd attack?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) He never goes back.
(c) 40 minutes.
(d) 1 hour, 40 minutes.
8. How does G.G. summon people to give out his special treats?
(a) Special stomping.
(b) A clap.
(c) A whistle.
(d) He gives it out at the door.
9. What kind of wedding does Henry agree to with the Texan?
(a) A cheap wedding.
(b) A courthouse wedding.
(c) A private ceremony at a church.
(d) A big wedding.
10. Who convinces Henry Chinaski that anyone can be hired as a postal clerk during Christmas?
(b) Grandpa Wally.
(d) A drunk.
11. When Henry is almost attacked by the German shepherd in Chapter 1, where is the German shepherd trying to bite him?
(a) His thigh.
(b) His arm.
(c) His jugular.
(d) His leg.
12. Who advises Henry to report to Prell Station?
(a) Bobby Hansen.
(c) The Stone.
13. Which relative of Joyce's does Henry think is cool?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her stepbrother.
(d) Grandpa Wally.
14. What is the first reason Henry is written up when he is on Route 539?
(a) He loses mail.
(b) He had a bad attitude.
(c) He hits his boss.
(d) He is late.
15. What causes G.G. to break down in Chapter 1?
(a) The gossip that the carriers are talking about.
(b) The Stone adding coupons to the bundle.
(c) The Stone ignoring him.
(d) Henry snapping at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the route Henry draws after Prell Station one of the toughest routes?
2. What does Henry buy half a pint of for breakfast in Chapter 1?
3. Where does Henry and the Texan's wedding take place?
4. What is the next station Henry goes to as mentioned in Chapter 1, parts 1-11?
5. Where does Henry pick up Betty from in his daily routine in Chapter 2?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)