|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stole money from mail in Chapter 1?
(b) Henry's wife.
(c) Bobby Hansen.
2. What happens to Betty and Henry's relationship in Chapter 2?
(a) They separate, then get back together.
(b) They go to marriage counseling.
(c) They break up.
(d) It gets stronger.
3. Where does Henry and the Texan's wedding take place?
(c) Las Vegas.
4. What route does Henry draw after Prell Station?
(a) Route 359.
(c) Route 539.
(d) West Avon.
5. What is the name of the regular carrier the woman annoys Henry by asking about in Chapter 1?
6. Who drives Henry around in Chapter 2 to scare him?
(b) Joyce's father.
(c) A midget.
(d) Joyce's husband.
7. Who does the accusation against G.G. involve?
(a) A man on his route.
(b) A mother on his route.
(c) A new girl in the neighborhood on his route.
(d) A widow on his route.
8. How many years has Matthew Battles been a carrier?
9. What does "soup" stand for in this book?
(a) Postal workers.
(b) A bad day at work.
10. What time does Henry get to the track in Chapter 2?
(a) 10:30 a.m.
(b) 2 p.m.
(c) 1:30 p.m.
11. Who is Matthew Battles a favorite of?
(a) Henry's wife.
(b) The lingerie woman.
(c) The Stone.
12. What is the first reason Henry is written up when he is on Route 539?
(a) He hits his boss.
(b) He is late.
(c) He had a bad attitude.
(d) He loses mail.
13. When Henry is on Route 539, how late is he because of the German Shepherd attack?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 1 hour, 40 minutes.
(c) He never goes back.
(d) 40 minutes.
14. How many years of service does The Stone have?
15. What does Henry lose when the story gets around town about him being scared of the animal in Chapter 2?
(a) His money.
(b) His self-respect.
(c) His wife.
(d) His swagger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the next station Henry goes to as mentioned in Chapter 1, parts 1-11?
2. What day is it when Henry stands up to the town bully?
3. What kind of problem does Henry say the regular carrier has in Chapter 1 after a woman asks where he is?
4. When Henry is almost attacked by the German shepherd in Chapter 1, where is the German shepherd trying to bite him?
5. Why does Henry like this one relative of Joyce's?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)