|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is G.G.?
(a) George Greene.
(b) George Grimes.
(c) Gil Greene.
(d) George Green.
2. What does the woman who is the recipient of the registered letter do to Henry's face?
(a) Punches him.
(b) Slaps him.
(c) Pokes him in the eye.
(d) Scratches it.
3. What causes G.G. to break down in Chapter 1?
(a) The Stone ignoring him.
(b) The Stone adding coupons to the bundle.
(c) Henry snapping at him.
(d) The gossip that the carriers are talking about.
4. How long does Henry work for Prell Station?
(a) Two and half weeks.
(b) A week and a half.
(c) One week.
(d) Two days.
5. What happens in Chapter 1 when another woman annoys Henry by asking where the regular man is?
(a) Henry tells her the regular man is in the hospital.
(b) Henry tells her the regular man is at home ill.
(c) Henry tells her the regular man was fired.
(d) Henry tells her the regular man is dying.
6. What happens when Henry has to deliver a registered letter in Chapter 1?
(a) He waits and waits until someone will answer.
(b) He forces his way in when the person won't answer the door.
(c) He drops it in the garbage.
(d) He burns it.
7. How is the Texan woman described in Chapter 2?
(a) Poor, but beautiful.
(c) Young and ugly.
(d) Rich and beautiful.
8. In Chapter 2, who is the town bully?
(a) Joyce's brother.
(b) Grandpa Wally.
(c) Joyce's cousin.
9. What does Henry buy half a pint of for breakfast in Chapter 1?
(a) Grand dad.
10. Who gets the special treats that G.G. gives out on his route?
(c) The elderly.
11. Which supervisor was depressed in Chapter 1 about Battles?
(a) Bobby Hansen.
(b) The Oakford super.
(c) The Stone.
(d) The West Avon super.
12. What crime does Henry end up committing against the registered letter woman in Chapter 1?
(a) He assaults her.
(b) He rapes her.
(c) He robs her.
(d) He blackmails her.
13. What day is it when Henry stands up to the town bully?
(a) Blue jeans day.
(b) Khaki day.
14. Who stole money from mail in Chapter 1?
(a) Bobby Hansen.
(b) Henry's wife.
15. What happens to Battles in Chapter 1 that depresses a supervisor?
(a) Battles is killed.
(b) Battles is arrested.
(c) Battles falls ill.
(d) Battles is fired.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry and the Texan's wedding take place?
2. Who is the only sub not to be assigned by The Stone in Chapter 1 (parts 12-17)?
3. How does the author describe Matthew Battles's attire?
4. What does Henry tell the woman who is the recipient of the registered letter in Chapter 1?
5. What is the name of the regular carrier the woman annoys Henry by asking about in Chapter 1?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)