|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Parts 12-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first station Henry is assigned to?
(a) The main post office.
(b) The West Garage.
(c) He is not assigned, he rotates.
(d) West Avon Station.
2. What does "soup" stand for in this book?
(c) A bad day at work.
(d) Postal workers.
3. What is the first reason Henry is written up when he is on Route 539?
(a) He is late.
(b) He loses mail.
(c) He hits his boss.
(d) He had a bad attitude.
4. What kind of route does G.G. have?
(a) Route 539.
(b) An easy route in the rich district.
(c) Route 511.
(d) A difficult route.
5. Who is "The Stone"?
(a) A resident on his postal route.
(b) The man who works in the west garage.
(c) The superintendent at West Avon station.
(d) The superintendent at Oakford station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of sack does Henry Chinaski find himself wearing in the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. Who did the money belong to that was stolen from the mail in Chapter 1?
3. What does G.G. give out on his route, besides mail?
4. When does Henry get to work as postal carrier, as described in Chapter 1?
5. What time in the morning does Henry usually sit waiting to see if he can work?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)