|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Parts 1-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is intriguing about one of Henry's customers while he works at the Prell Station?
(a) One of the women wears lingerie.
(b) One of the women bakes him cookies.
(c) One of the women gives him a bonus check.
(d) One of the women gives him lingerie for his wife.
2. What does "soup" stand for in this book?
(b) Postal workers.
(c) A bad day at work.
3. Who is "The Stone"?
(a) The man who works in the west garage.
(b) A resident on his postal route.
(c) The superintendent at Oakford station.
(d) The superintendent at West Avon station.
4. What time in the morning does Henry usually sit waiting to see if he can work?
(a) 5 a.m. to 7 a.m.
(b) 6 a.m. to 8 a.m.
(c) 3 to 5 a.m.
(d) 7 to 8 p.m.
5. What kind of sack does Henry Chinaski find himself wearing in the beginning of Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Henry's wife referred to as in the beginning of the book?
2. What is the relationship like between Henry and The Stone?
3. How long does Henry work for Prell Station?
4. What is The Stone's real name?
5. What does the post office issue him when Henry is first hired?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)