|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Parts 1-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the route Henry draws after Prell Station one of the toughest routes?
(a) It is all uphill.
(b) It is full of crabby old men.
(c) It is full of dogs.
(d) It is full of apartment houses.
2. What does Henry Chinaski think of the job when he is hired as a postal clerk temp in the very beginning of the book?
(c) Too simple.
3. What does Henry say when he reports to Prell station?
(a) That is he not getting assignments.
(b) That he is being harassed.
(c) That he is unable to do his job.
(d) That the manager should hire him.
4. Who convinces Henry Chinaski that anyone can be hired as a postal clerk during Christmas?
(a) A drunk.
(c) Grandpa Wally.
5. What is intriguing about one of Henry's customers while he works at the Prell Station?
(a) One of the women wears lingerie.
(b) One of the women gives him lingerie for his wife.
(c) One of the women gives him a bonus check.
(d) One of the women bakes him cookies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Henry file a report against?
2. What did Henry have to do to become a substitute mail carrier?
3. Who is "The Stone"?
4. How long is the report that Henry files in Chapter 1?
5. What is the first reason Henry is written up when he is on Route 539?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)