|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Parts 1-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is "The Stone"?
(a) The superintendent at West Avon station.
(b) A resident on his postal route.
(c) The superintendent at Oakford station.
(d) The man who works in the west garage.
2. What is The Stone's real name?
3. How long is the report that Henry files in Chapter 1?
(a) 30 pages.
(b) 60 pages.
(c) 10 pages.
(d) One page.
4. Who convinces Henry Chinaski that anyone can be hired as a postal clerk during Christmas?
(b) A drunk.
(d) Grandpa Wally.
5. When does Henry get to work as postal carrier, as described in Chapter 1?
(a) If a superintendent likes him.
(b) When someone who has a regular route calls in sick.
(c) Whenever he likes.
(d) Not very often.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Henry's regular clothes described in the Chapter 1?
2. How does Henry defend himself against a German shepherd one day on his route?
3. When Henry is almost attacked by the German shepherd in Chapter 1, where is the German shepherd trying to bite him?
4. Who advises Henry to report to Prell Station?
5. What does the post office issue him when Henry is first hired?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)