|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who convinces Henry Chinaski that anyone can be hired as a postal clerk during Christmas?
(a) Grandpa Wally.
(c) A drunk.
2. What do Henry and his wife spend all of their money on, as stated in the Chapter 1?
3. What is intriguing about one of Henry's customers while he works at the Prell Station?
(a) One of the women wears lingerie.
(b) One of the women gives him a bonus check.
(c) One of the women gives him lingerie for his wife.
(d) One of the women bakes him cookies.
4. Who drives Henry around in Chapter 2 to scare him?
(a) Joyce's father.
(b) Joyce's husband.
(d) A midget.
5. Why does Betty get upset with Henry in Chapter 2?
(a) He spends too much money at the racetrack.
(b) She doesn't want everyone to think she is supporting him.
(c) He doesn't have a car.
(d) He is late picking her up at the bus stop.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Betty gets upset with Henry in Chapter 2, what does Henry remind Betty about?
2. Who no longer sits with Joyce in the cafeteria?
3. What kind of health problem is Henry experiencing in Chapter 4?
4. Who assumes Henry is after Joyce's money?
5. What does Henry buy half a pint of for breakfast in Chapter 1?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)