Chapter 1, Parts 1-11
1. Who convinces Henry Chinaski that anyone can be hired as a postal clerk during Christmas?
(a) Grandpa Wally.
(d) A drunk.
2. What kind of sack does Henry Chinaski find himself wearing in the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. What does Henry Chinaski think of the job when he is hired as a postal clerk temp in the very beginning of the book?
(c) Too simple.
4. What did Henry have to do to become a substitute mail carrier?
(a) Call a friend.
(b) Simply sign up.
(c) Take an exam and physical.
(d) Fill out an application.
5. What is the first station Henry is assigned to?
(a) The West Garage.
(b) He is not assigned, he rotates.
(c) The main post office.
(d) West Avon Station.
6. What does the post office issue him when Henry is first hired?
(a) A uniform but no cap.
(b) A cap but no uniform.
(c) A uniform and a cap.
(d) A leather sack.
This section contains 3,710 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)