|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Captain Aubrey's ship master aboard the Polychrest?
2. What was the name of French Captain Christy-Palliere's ship that captured Captain Aubrey's first sea command?
(c) Placer du Mar.
3. What relation is Sophia to Frances?
4. How many casualties does the Lord Nelson endure upon its capture by the Bellone?
(a) 158 Casualties.
(b) 73 Casualties.
(c) 36 Casualties.
(d) 220 Casualties.
5. What has Captain Aubrey done that has resulted in ill feelings between him and Admiral Harte?
(a) Harte learns that Captain Aubrey has been gossiping about him to officers and crew members aboard the Polychrest.
(b) Harte loses a card game to Captain Aubrey, and Harte has not paid Aubrey pursuant to his wager in a card game that took place nearly two years before their meeting aboard the Polychrest.
(c) Aubrey loses a bet with Admiral Harte and has not paid Harte the amount that he had wagered in card game that took nearly two years before their meeting aboard the Polychrest.
(d) Captain Aubrey cuckolded Admiral Harte.
6. What is the primary development in Chapter 4?
(a) The capture of Captain Aubrey by Napoleon Bonaparte's men.
(b) The wedding of Doctor Stephen Maturin to Sophia Williams.
(c) Mrs. Williams is invited to dine with the British Royal Family.
(d) The resumption of military hostilities between England and France.
7. Whose home is the setting for a party attended by Captain Aubrey, Mrs. Williams, and her daughter, Cecilia ?
(a) Lady Carlson.
(b) Lady Keith.
(c) Admiral Harte.
(d) Captain Goodridge.
8. What relation is Mrs. Williams to Cecelia?
(b) Great Aunt.
9. What is the name of the vessel carrying Captain Jack Aubrey and Doctor Stephen Maturin at the beginning of Post Captain?
(a) The Charwell.
(b) H.M.S. Royale.
(c) H.M.S. Hempstead.
(d) The Pennington.
10. As the days go by, what game do Captain Jack Aubrey and Dr. Stephen Maturin play often?
11. What position is held by MacDonald aboard the Polychrest?
(a) Chief navigator.
(b) Head boatswain.
(c) Marine captain.
(d) Second lieutenant.
12. What two sailors who had previously sailed with Aubrey sign up to crew the Polychrest?
(a) Aaron Jacks and Gabriel Gentry.
(b) Barrett Bonden and Joseph Plaice.
(c) Mark Hampton and Flynn Prescott.
(d) Spencer Truitt and Martin Friar.
13. What is the name of Captain Aubrey's old friend who is captain of The Franchise?
(a) Theodore Martin.
(b) Heneage Dundas.
(c) Keith Pridemore.
(d) Lawrence Tate.
14. What is the name of the first lieutenant on the Indiaman headed to England with Aubrey and Maturin aboard?
(a) Merrill Burlingame.
(b) Everett Trump.
(c) David Standring.
(d) Tom Pullings.
15. What does Adam Scriven try to do to Aubrey while the Captain is out walking around town one night?
(a) He tries to meet him.
(b) He tries to ridicule him.
(c) He tries to rob him.
(d) He tries to entertain him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Polychrest armed with instead of long guns?
2. What country are Aubrey and Maturin headed to via the Indiaman that they board in Gibraltar?
3. Who intervenes when Captain Aubrey intends to turn Adam Scriven in to the law?
4. The fact that ships are being moored because of the peace, along with Captain Aubrey's clash with ______________, means that no command is to be had.
5. In Chapter 2, which character begins to subtly court Captain Jack Aubrey?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)