|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Diana find herself under the care of in Chapter 2?
(a) Her parents, Jacque and Claudette Villiers.
(b) Mrs. Williams.
(c) Her former school headmistress, Mrs. Cates.
(d) Her grandmother, Elle Villiers.
2. What is the name of the first lieutenant on the Indiaman headed to England with Aubrey and Maturin aboard?
(a) David Standring.
(b) Tom Pullings.
(c) Merrill Burlingame.
(d) Everett Trump.
3. What ship has Parker been assigned to captain?
(a) S.S. Seagull.
4. What type of object is the French corvette?
(a) An armory supply.
(b) A carriage.
(c) A ship.
(d) A house.
5. How many casualties does the Lord Nelson endure upon its capture by the Bellone?
(a) 36 Casualties.
(b) 73 Casualties.
(c) 158 Casualties.
(d) 220 Casualties.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Captain Aubrey decline Diana Villier's invitation to meet on the day following Lady Keith's dinner party?
2. What type of ships do Captain Aubrey and the Polychrest encounter in as they began to leave the French port?
3. Who does Mrs. Williams declare to be a perfect match for Captain Aubrey?
4. Upon her departure from Mapes Court, what relative with mental deficiencies does Diana Villiers stay with?
5. What does Aubrey forgo in favor of professional duty?.
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)