|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country are Aubrey and Maturin headed to via the Indiaman that they board in Gibraltar?
2. What type of dueling pistols does Doctor Maturin borrow from MacDonald?
(a) Stephen Carrothers.
(b) Howard Bentley.
(c) Joseph Manton.
(d) L.D. Bounds.
3. What body part does Macdonald lose during the naval engagement ?
4. What historical ship could the Polychrest's design be partially based on?
(a) The H.M.S. Project.
(b) The H.M.S. Cavalcade.
(c) The H.M.S. Bledsoe.
(d) The H.M.S. Lexington.
5. At the time that Captain Aubrey is informed about the mutiny that may be pending, how many days is the Polychrest away from reaching the French port that is its destination?
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon her departure from Mapes Court, what relative with mental deficiencies does Diana Villiers stay with?
2. In Chapter 2, which character begins to subtly court Captain Jack Aubrey?
3. Following the first in a series of dinner parties, which character contacts Captain Jack Aubrey to establish courteous relations?
4. What is the nickname of Captain Aubrey's sea command?
5. Who helps Captain Aubrey recruit sailors by drawing a poster promising rewards to those who sign up to crew the Polychrest?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)