|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Chapter 1 opens, what two countries have just ended a war between them?
(a) The United States and England.
(b) France and England.
(c) Spain and France.
(d) Germany and Italy.
2. In Chapter 2, which character is described as vain, uneven, and prone to periods of meanness?
(a) Diana Villiers.
(b) Dr. Stehen Maturin.
(c) Mrs. Williams.
(d) Captain Jack Aubrey.
3. Who does Diana scoff at along with the idea of being paired with Captain Jack Aubrey?
(a) Sophia Williams.
(b) Frances Williams.
(c) Cecelia Williams.
(d) Mrs. Williams.
4. What is the primary development in Chapter 4?
(a) The resumption of military hostilities between England and France.
(b) The capture of Captain Aubrey by Napoleon Bonaparte's men.
(c) Mrs. Williams is invited to dine with the British Royal Family.
(d) The wedding of Doctor Stephen Maturin to Sophia Williams.
5. Who announces a forthcoming formal ball in Chapter 2?
(a) Mrs. Williams.
(b) Dr. Stephen Maturin.
(c) Captain Jack Aubrey.
(d) Cecelia Williams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Captain Aubrey and Dr. Stephen Maturin compare notes on, and secretly, mutually desire following the ball
2. What language does Doctor Maturin use to write scientific observations in his diary?
3. Who is Dr. Stephen Maturin is apparently attracted to throughout Post Captain?
4. Who does Diana find herself under the care of in Chapter 2?
5. The fact that ships are being moored because of the peace, along with Captain Aubrey's clash with ______________, means that no command is to be had.
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)