|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what country does Diana Villiers leave in order to return to England?
(a) United States.
2. Which character is dressed in a "resplendent" manner at the formal ball?
(a) Cecelia WIlliams.
(b) Diana Villiers.
(c) Sophia Williams.
(d) Frances Williams.
3. What year do the events in Chapter 4 take place?
4. What is the dreadful news about that Captain Aubrey receives via letter at Polcary Down?
(a) His father.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His finances.
(d) His employment.
5. What is the name of the vessel carrying Captain Jack Aubrey and Doctor Stephen Maturin at the beginning of Post Captain?
(a) H.M.S. Hempstead.
(b) The Charwell.
(c) The Pennington.
(d) H.M.S. Royale.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the days go by, what game do Captain Jack Aubrey and Dr. Stephen Maturin play often?
2. Who does Diana scoff at along with the idea of being paired with Captain Jack Aubrey?
3. What type of musical performances are presented at the series of social gatherings attended by Mrs. Williams, her daughters, her niece, Captain Jack Aubrey and Dr. Stephen Maturin?
4. How many pounds of body weight does Captain Aubrey lose during the arduous journey across France on foot?
5. What relation is Sophia to Frances?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)