|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what story are both Christabel and Maud compared?
(a) The Princess and the Pea.
(b) Little Red Riding Hood.
(d) Snow White and Rose Red.
2. At dinner, what does Christabel seem like to Ash?
(a) A fearful puppy.
(b) An injured cat.
(c) A waiting squirrel.
(d) A trapped bird.
3. Who has the knight in THE FAIRY MELUSINE killed?
(a) His brother.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His wife.
(d) His lord.
4. What does Randolf Ash do on the shore during the day?
(a) Makes drawings.
(b) Makes notes about the tides.
(c) Collects specimens.
(d) Writes poetry.
5. What does the medium gain from giving séances?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Maud and Roland do when they find other scholars have followed the trail to France?
2. How do Maud and Roland travel to France?
3. Who does the letter say that Christabel LaMotte visited in 1859?
4. What does Melusine offer the knight to drink?
5. Who does Euan say he is advising?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Maud and Roland's relationship in France like?
2. How does Val feel about her new relationship?
3. How does Blackadder feel about his work?
4. How does Blackadder feel about talking about Ash on television?
5. What is Ash's opinion on spiritualist mediums?
6. What does Beatrice Nest overhear?
7. How does the medium in the poem introduce her practices to the apprentice?
8. What does the knight tell Melusine when he first sees her?
9. What do Roland and Maud decide to do at the end of Chapter 18?
10. How does the subject of Christabel and Ash's letters come up at the race track?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)