|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What poem is James Blackadder annotating at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) Ragnarök III.
(b) The Garden of Proserpina.
(d) Mummy Possest.
2. What does Roland say to Blackadder after the meeting?
(a) Roland quits his job.
(b) Roland appologizes for what he's done.
(c) Roland tells Blackadder he never wants to see him again.
(d) Roland complains about Blackadder's maltreatment.
3. Who does Roland give Ash's draft letters to?
4. What is Beatrice Nest concerned about?
(a) That public opinion will focus too much on Christabel.
(b) That Ellen Ash's rest will be disturbed.
(c) That Ellen Ash's reputation will be ruined.
(d) That the letters will cause a scandal.
5. What is the state of Val and Roland's relationship?
(a) Val wants to get back together.
(b) They are planning to get married.
(c) They are together but drifting apart.
(d) Their relationship is over.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roland discover happened to his landlady?
2. Who does Fergus tell that he thinks Roland has found some unknown letters?
3. Where is Melusine when the knight finds her?
4. Who does the letter say that Christabel LaMotte visited in 1859?
5. Who does Val meet at the horse races?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Roland and Maud feel about each other?
2. What do Leonora and Blackadder do when Cropper's Mercedes passes them on the road?
3. How does the subject of Christabel and Ash's letters come up at the race track?
4. What similarities are there between Christabel and Ash's trip and Roland and Maud's trip?
5. What does Roland start to do at the end of Chapter 26?
6. What are Cropper's relationships with the Ash family like?
7. What do Roland and Maud decide to do at the end of Chapter 18?
8. How does Ash show Christabel that she is not a possession?
9. What does Roland think about Blackadder's letter?
10. What offer does Blackadder make to Roland?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)