|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the medium ask the apprentice to do while serving tea?
(a) Eavesdrop to gain information.
(b) Hide gloves in the curtains.
(c) Attach a wire to the table.
(d) Hide a letter in someone's pocket.
2. How long have Maud and Roland been in France before the other scholars arrive?
(a) Two months.
(b) Three days.
(c) One week.
(d) Three weeks.
3. What does Roland discover happened to his landlady?
(a) She had a stroke.
(b) She broke her arm.
(c) She had a seizure.
(d) She had a heart attack.
4. At what pace do Christabel and Ash walk?
(a) A fast pace.
(b) A slow pace.
(c) A varying pace, but in synch.
(d) Different paces from each other.
5. What is Maud's actual relationship to Christabel?
(a) She is Christabel's great-great-great niece.
(b) She is Christabel's third cousin.
(c) She is no relationship to Christabel.
(d) She is Christabel's great-great granddaughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cropper ask for during his lecture?
2. What has happened to Roland's landlady's cats?
3. What does Melusine offer the knight to drink?
4. Does the medium say that the apprentice has mystical powers?
5. Who calls Blackadder's office on Sir George's behalf?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where has Euan located Cropper and Hildebrand?
2. What similarities are there between Christabel and Ash's trip and Roland and Maud's trip?
3. What is Ash's opinion on spiritualist mediums?
4. How do Maud and Roland react to Euan's phone call?
5. How does Ellen Ash feel about Christabel?
6. What is the result of the knight drinking the cup offered to him by Melusine?
7. What does Roland start to do at the end of Chapter 26?
8. Describe Cropper's lectures.
9. What does Beatrice Nest overhear?
10. How does Ash show Christabel that she is not a possession?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)