|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Ash and Christabel meet after the incident of the stolen letter?
(a) At the coast in Wales.
(b) In a park on a rainy day.
(c) At the house of Ash's cousin.
(d) At the British Museum.
2. What advice does the woman give the child at the beginning of the journey?
(a) To pace himself.
(b) To take time to enjoy the woods.
(c) To not think about the journey's end.
(d) To stay on the path.
3. Where do Mud and Roland decide to go to take a break from Ash and Cristabel?
(a) Antwerp Denn.
(b) Toogie Mott.
(c) Prewty Fog.
(d) Boggle Hole.
4. What does Maud think of Cropper's biography of Ash?
(a) She thinks it's more about Cropper than Ash.
(b) She thinks it belittles Ash's writing.
(c) She thinks it idealizes Ash too much.
(d) She thinks it captures the reality of Ash.
5. How does Christabel react to her feelings of love with Ash?
(a) With fear for the loss of her solitude.
(b) With anger that he is manipulating her.
(c) With ecstasy that she has finally found spiritual love.
(d) With hatred toward herself for giving in to a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What poem does Roland think shows Christabel was in Yorkshire?
2. What kind of interpretation does the writing that Maud gives Roland put on Christabel's imagery?
3. What does Cropper think about writing while he drives away from Daisy Wapshott's house?
4. Who comes from behind the stones?
5. What does Maud learn about the pin she is wearing on her turban?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sir George plan to do at the end of the chapter?
2. What is Roland researching at the library?
3. What are Maud and Roland concerned might happen to their find in Christabel's room?
4. Describe the relationship between Blackadder and Cropper.
5. In her diary, how does Ellen describe the visit she gets while Ash is away?
6. What is Roland's initial reaction to the letters?
7. What is Swammerdam's situation at the end of his life?
8. What is Maud's dilemma about Leonora?
9. Who are Ask and Embla?
10. How does Fergus describe Maud?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)