|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the poem Swammerdam set?
(a) In 1780.
(b) In 1580.
(c) In 1680.
(d) In 1880.
2. What does Cropper think about writing while he drives away from Daisy Wapshott's house?
(a) A book of his own poetry.
(b) A book about Ash's poetry.
(c) His autobiography.
(d) A popular novel about Ash's life.
3. What does Maud think of Cropper's biography of Ash?
(a) She thinks it's more about Cropper than Ash.
(b) She thinks it captures the reality of Ash.
(c) She thinks it belittles Ash's writing.
(d) She thinks it idealizes Ash too much.
4. What do people think of Swammerdam's discoveries?
(a) People think Swammerdam's discoveries are interesting but unimportant.
(b) People think Swammerdam is insane.
(c) People think Swammerdam is a genius.
(d) People think Swammerdam's discoveries are interesting but too difficult to understand.
5. Why does Lady Joan invite Maud and Roland to stay overnight at Seal Court?
(a) Because Lady Joan wants to talk with Maud.
(b) To make Sir George annoyed.
(c) Because of the weather.
(d) Because Maud wants to work late.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Val cook complex meals?
2. What similarity do Roland and Maud find in writings by Ash and Christabel?
3. Who is interested in Christabel LaMotte's writings?
4. How does Christabel react to her feelings of love with Ash?
5. What does Roland think he and Maud will do after they go upstairs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the child ask the apparitions that come to him on his journey?
2. How does Fergus Wolff know about Christabel LaMotte?
3. What is Maud's dilemma about Leonora?
4. How does Cropper feel about Blackadder?
5. What is Roland's initial reaction to the letters?
6. Who is responsible for ending the affair between Christabel and Ash?
7. What does Roland read at the end of the chapter?
8. What is Swammerdam's situation at the end of his life?
9. What is the weather like on Roland and Maud's day trip away from Ash and Christabel?
10. How does Roland feel at the prospect of reading Christabel and Ash's letters?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)