|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What attraction of Roland's apartment is forbidden to him?
(a) An old library.
(b) A sun room.
(c) A garden.
(d) A greenhouse.
2. What is Maud's home like?
(a) Lively and changing.
(b) Sterile and tidy.
(c) Old and decaying.
(d) Messy and noisy.
3. What mood is Val in when Roland sees her?
(a) She is in a bad mood.
(b) She is happy but distracted.
(c) She is exhausted.
(d) She is excited but nervous.
4. Who comes from behind the stones?
(a) Talking wolves.
(b) Beautiful women.
(c) Old men.
(d) Singing children.
5. What kind of interpretation does the writing that Maud gives Roland put on Christabel's imagery?
(a) A religious interpretation.
(b) A literal interpretation.
(c) A metaphysical interpretation.
(d) A sexual interpretation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose writing is Fergus studying?
2. What does Swammerdam study?
3. What is Roland's job?
4. What is the library at Seal Court like?
5. When does Val cook complex meals?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Roland researching at the library?
2. Who is responsible for ending the affair between Christabel and Ash?
3. What does Roland read at the end of the chapter?
4. Who are Ask and Embla?
5. What does Maud tell Beatrice about the importance of what she finds in Ellen's journal and papers?
6. What is Swammerdam's situation at the end of his life?
7. How do the three apparitions describe themselves to the child?
8. How does Swammerdam's family treat him?
9. What is the weather like on Roland and Maud's day trip away from Ash and Christabel?
10. Why is Mrs. Wapshott unwilling to sell Ash's letters to Cropper?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)