|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Roland live with?
(a) His parents.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) A group of graduate students.
(d) No one.
2. Where is Christabel buried?
(a) In a mausoleum in the city.
(b) In a churchyard.
(c) Behind an old family home.
(d) In a sprawling country graveyard.
3. How does Roland feel about Fergus Wolff?
(a) Roalnd hates him.
(b) Roland is jealous of him.
(c) Roland likes him.
(d) Roland is afraid of him.
4. How many pictures of Ash does Roland have?
(c) A dozen.
5. How many standing stones does the child see?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reference to Christabel does Beatrice Nest find in Ellen Ash's journals?
2. What do people think of Swammerdam's discoveries?
3. What is in the box Maud finds?
4. What is Roland's job?
5. When is the poem Swammerdam set?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Swammerdam's family treat him?
2. Why is Mrs. Wapshott unwilling to sell Ash's letters to Cropper?
3. How do Beatrice Nest's students view her?
4. How does Roland feel at the prospect of reading Christabel and Ash's letters?
5. Who are Ask and Embla?
6. Where did Maud get the pin that she is wearing in her turban?
7. What is the weather like on Roland and Maud's day trip away from Ash and Christabel?
8. Describe the relationship between Blackadder and Cropper.
9. What does Sir George plan to do at the end of the chapter?
10. How do Christabel and Ash feel about meeting secretly?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)