|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At dinner, what does Christabel seem like to Ash?
(a) A trapped bird.
(b) An injured cat.
(c) A fearful puppy.
(d) A waiting squirrel.
2. What covers the garden's lawn?
(a) A thin layer of snow.
(c) A plastic sheet.
(d) Damp leaves.
3. What does Roland say to Blackadder after the meeting?
(a) Roland complains about Blackadder's maltreatment.
(b) Roland tells Blackadder he never wants to see him again.
(c) Roland appologizes for what he's done.
(d) Roland quits his job.
4. Who is the letter from that Leonora shows Maud?
(a) Dr. LeMinier.
(d) Sir George Bailey.
5. What does Christabel ask for when she first comes to Sabine's home?
6. Where do Maud, Roland, Euan, Val, and Toby decide the letters should go?
(a) To the British Museum.
(b) To Cropper.
(c) To Blackadder.
(d) To the London Library.
7. At what pace do Christabel and Ash walk?
(a) A varying pace, but in synch.
(b) Different paces from each other.
(c) A fast pace.
(d) A slow pace.
8. What has Val believed about Roland and Maud, until she learns more at the horse race?
(a) That Roland and Maud were nothing more than colleagues.
(b) That Roland and Maud were having an affair.
(c) That Roland and Maud were enemies.
(d) That Roland and Maud didn't know each other.
9. Who calls Blackadder's office on Sir George's behalf?
(a) Sir George's lawyer.
10. Where did Ash get the jewelry he gives to Christabel?
(a) It was his mother's.
(b) It is his wife's.
(c) He bought it new.
(d) He bought it from an antique dealer.
11. Who does Euan say he is advising?
12. What does Blackadder tell Fergus when Fergus asks where Roland is?
(a) Blackadder says Roland has the week off.
(b) Blackadder says Roland is at the London Library.
(c) Blackadder says Roland is in France.
(d) Blackadder says Roland is at home.
13. What color is Melusine's hair?
14. What does the group hope to do?
(a) Catch Cropper bribing Hildebrand.
(b) Catch Cropper and Hildebrand digging up graves.
(c) Get Cropper and Hildebrand to fight with each other.
(d) Get reporters to write a negative story about Cropper.
15. Who does the letter say that Christabel LaMotte visited in 1859?
(a) A psychologist named Karmin la Cruz.
(b) Randolf Ash.
(c) Ellen Ash.
(d) A writer named Sabine de Kercoz.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cropper hoping to do, with the help of Hildebrand Ash?
2. What does Roland discover happened to his landlady?
3. What poem is James Blackadder annotating at the beginning of Chapter 17?
4. How many job application acceptances does Roland find in his mail?
5. How does Roland feel toward the cats?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)