|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what story are both Christabel and Maud compared?
(a) The Princess and the Pea.
(c) Little Red Riding Hood.
(d) Snow White and Rose Red.
2. What does Melusine offer the knight to drink?
3. Who will go and spy on Cropper and Hildebrand Ash?
(a) Roland and Beatrice.
(b) Roland and Maud.
(c) Val and Euan.
(d) Maud and Blackadder.
4. Does the medium say that the apprentice has mystical powers?
(a) No, the medium is upfront that the apprentice has no powers.
(b) No, the medium hides the fact that the apprentice has powers.
(c) Yes, the medium sincerely believes in spiritual powers.
(d) Yes, but the medium is lying.
5. What covers the garden's lawn?
(b) A plastic sheet.
(c) Damp leaves.
(d) A thin layer of snow.
6. Who calls Roland to warn him about Blackadder?
7. What does Dr. LeMinier give Maude?
(a) A drawing by Sabine.
(b) A letter to Sabine from Christabel.
(c) A letter from Sabine.
(d) A copy of Sabine's journal.
8. Who does Euan say he is advising?
9. What does Christabel ask for when she first comes to Sabine's home?
10. What does the group hope to do?
(a) Catch Cropper and Hildebrand digging up graves.
(b) Catch Cropper bribing Hildebrand.
(c) Get reporters to write a negative story about Cropper.
(d) Get Cropper and Hildebrand to fight with each other.
11. Who does Fergus tell that he thinks Roland has found some unknown letters?
12. What has Val believed about Roland and Maud, until she learns more at the horse race?
(a) That Roland and Maud didn't know each other.
(b) That Roland and Maud were enemies.
(c) That Roland and Maud were having an affair.
(d) That Roland and Maud were nothing more than colleagues.
13. At what pace do Christabel and Ash walk?
(a) A varying pace, but in synch.
(b) A fast pace.
(c) Different paces from each other.
(d) A slow pace.
14. What difference between himself and Maud makes Roland feel as if he is in a romance novel?
(a) Their different social statuses.
(b) Their different genders.
(c) Their different ages.
(d) Their different areas of study.
15. Who do Maud and Roland see walking together in France?
(a) Cropper and Blackadder.
(b) Leonora and Blackadder.
(c) Fergus and Leonora.
(d) Fergus and Cropper.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Leonora and Cropper make contact in France?
2. How does the apprentice feel about lying?
3. Who first reads Christabel's letter found in Ash's grave?
4. At dinner, what does Christabel seem like to Ash?
5. What does Randolf Ash do on the shore during the day?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)