|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What spiritual group does Blackadder discover Christabel was a part of?
(a) The Perfect Peace.
(b) The Vast Beyond.
(c) The Glowing Threshold.
(d) The Vestal Lights.
2. At dinner, what does Christabel seem like to Ash?
(a) A waiting squirrel.
(b) A trapped bird.
(c) A fearful puppy.
(d) An injured cat.
3. Who has the knight in THE FAIRY MELUSINE killed?
(a) His wife.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His brother.
(d) His lord.
4. What happens as Cropper and Hildebrand start to dig?
(a) A rainstorm starts.
(b) A hailstorm starts.
(c) A snowstorm starts.
(d) A windstorm starts.
5. What does Blackadder discover Ash asked Christabel at a séance?
(a) Where the child is.
(b) What the child is called.
(c) How she could hide the child.
(d) Whether there is a child.
6. What does Randolf Ash do on the shore during the day?
(a) Writes poetry.
(b) Collects specimens.
(c) Makes drawings.
(d) Makes notes about the tides.
7. Whose number does Val give to Fergus?
(c) Sir George's.
8. Does the medium say that the apprentice has mystical powers?
(a) Yes, the medium sincerely believes in spiritual powers.
(b) No, the medium hides the fact that the apprentice has powers.
(c) Yes, but the medium is lying.
(d) No, the medium is upfront that the apprentice has no powers.
9. What poem is James Blackadder annotating at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) Mummy Possest.
(b) Ragnarök III.
(d) The Garden of Proserpina.
10. Where do the characters gather to try to decide what to do about the letters and the proposed exhumation?
(a) Euan's office.
(b) Blackadder's office.
(c) Beatrice Nest's house.
(d) Maud's apartment.
11. How does Roland feel toward the cats?
12. What does the medium ask the apprentice to do while serving tea?
(a) Hide a letter in someone's pocket.
(b) Eavesdrop to gain information.
(c) Attach a wire to the table.
(d) Hide gloves in the curtains.
13. What is the state of Val and Roland's relationship?
(a) They are planning to get married.
(b) Val wants to get back together.
(c) Their relationship is over.
(d) They are together but drifting apart.
14. What does the medium gain from giving séances?
15. How do Leonora and Cropper make contact in France?
(a) Leonora phones Cropper after telling Blackadder to avoid him.
(b) Leonora sends a message to Cropper through the bellboy.
(c) Leonora runs into Cropper's car.
(d) Leonora breaks into Cropper's room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maud's actual relationship to Christabel?
2. With whom does Val go to the horse race?
3. Where is Melusine when the knight finds her?
4. Who do Maud and Roland see walking together in France?
5. What covers the garden's lawn?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)