|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Beatrice Nest concerned about?
(a) That public opinion will focus too much on Christabel.
(b) That Ellen Ash's rest will be disturbed.
(c) That Ellen Ash's reputation will be ruined.
(d) That the letters will cause a scandal.
2. What is the state of Val and Roland's relationship?
(a) They are planning to get married.
(b) Val wants to get back together.
(c) Their relationship is over.
(d) They are together but drifting apart.
3. What does the medium say that spiritualist séances accomplish?
(a) They make people more trusting.
(b) They provide important information about life after death.
(c) They provide important information about loved ones.
(d) They make people feel better.
4. What does Christabel ask for when she first comes to Sabine's home?
5. How long have Maud and Roland been in France before the other scholars arrive?
(a) Three days.
(b) One week.
(c) Two months.
(d) Three weeks.
6. What do Sabine and her father worry might happen?
(a) Christabel might overexert herself.
(b) Christabel might run away and never return.
(c) Christabel might hurt herself or her baby.
(d) Christabel might be hurt by the baby's father.
7. What is Maud's actual relationship to Christabel?
(a) She is no relationship to Christabel.
(b) She is Christabel's third cousin.
(c) She is Christabel's great-great-great niece.
(d) She is Christabel's great-great granddaughter.
8. Where do the characters gather to try to decide what to do about the letters and the proposed exhumation?
(a) Beatrice Nest's house.
(b) Maud's apartment.
(c) Blackadder's office.
(d) Euan's office.
9. What is Sabine's first impression of Christabel?
(a) Sabine is in awe of Christabel's writing at first.
(b) Sabine is jealous of Christabel's clothes and style at first.
(c) Sabine is sad for Christabel at first.
(d) Sabine doesn't like Christabel at first.
10. What document have Toby and Euan uncovered?
(a) A will dictated by Christabel to her sister.
(b) An unknown autobiographical poem written by Christabel.
(c) A later letter written from Christabel to Ash.
(d) A message from Christabel to the deceased Blanche.
11. What is Cropper's lecture about?
(a) The Art of the Biographer.
(b) The Past in Words and Pictures.
(c) The Life and Times of Ash.
(d) The Collector's True Purpose.
12. Who does Fergus tell that he thinks Roland has found some unknown letters?
13. What poem is James Blackadder annotating at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) Ragnarök III.
(c) Mummy Possest.
(d) The Garden of Proserpina.
14. Whose number does Val give to Fergus?
(a) Sir George's.
15. Who does Euan believe rightfully owns Christabel and Ash's letters today?
(a) Sir George.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will go and spy on Cropper and Hildebrand Ash?
2. What does Randolf Ash do on the shore during the day?
3. What advice does Leonora give Blackadder?
4. What does Dr. LeMinier give Maude?
5. How many job application acceptances does Roland find in his mail?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)