|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Blackadder do when Roland tells him about the notes in the book?
(a) He tells Roland the notes are meaningless.
(b) He rushes to look at the notes.
(c) He goes to see the curator of the library to try to acquire the notes.
(d) He sends three graduate students to examine the notes.
2. Where is the book that Roland looks at usually kept?
(a) In the basement stacks.
(b) On display in a glass box.
(c) In a locked safe.
(d) In a long-term storage facility.
3. What does the librarian warn Roland to do?
(a) Only touch the papers with gloves or tweezers.
(b) Not touch, move, or read the papers until they are cataloged.
(c) Leave all the pieces of paper in the same order.
(d) Not expose the old papers to air.
4. What kind of dog does Lady Joan Bailey have?
(a) A golden retriever.
(b) A German shorthaired pointer.
(c) A labrador retriever.
(d) A Scottish terrier.
5. How does Sir George react to the discovery?
(a) He is cautious and possessive.
(b) He is excited and curious.
(c) He doesn't care about the discovery.
(d) He is worried and nervous.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Roland begin his investigation of the letters?
2. What did Christabel LaMotte write?
3. What attraction of Roland's apartment is forbidden to him?
4. Who is interested in Christabel LaMotte's writings?
5. How many letters does Roland find in the book?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)