|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maud find the box in Christabel's room?
(a) From an entry in a diary.
(b) From a clue in a poem.
(c) From a photograph in an old book.
(d) From a passage in a letter.
2. What is Roland's reaction to Val telling him that a man wants to take her away to Newmarket?
(a) He says she is making it up.
(b) He says it may do her good.
(c) He is relieved that she's leaving.
(d) He is jealous and angry.
3. Does Roland show Maud the letters?
(a) No, but he tells her a little bit about the letters.
(b) Yes, but he doesn't tell her he took the originals.
(c) Yes, but not at first.
(d) No, he keeps the letters completely secret.
4. Who does Roland live with?
(a) No one.
(b) His parents.
(c) A group of graduate students.
(d) His girlfriend.
5. What interesting references does Roland find in the diary?
(a) References to a mysterious illness of Christabel and a necklace from an unknown source.
(b) References to Christabel disappearing for a short time and to an overheard conversation.
(c) References to Christabel hiding a letter and to a male intruder.
(d) References to Christabel's changing temperament and a secret poem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dog does Lady Joan Bailey have?
2. Where is Christabel buried?
3. What condition does Beatrice impose on Roland reading Ellen Ash's journals?
4. How old is Roland?
5. What mood is Val in when Roland sees her?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)