|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Joan sent by the missus?
(a) To serve the lepers in a leper colony.
(b) A monastery in Fulda.
(c) Back to Ingleheim.
(d) The dungeon.
2. For what crime is Gerold put on trial in Chapter 29?
(a) An alliace with the Germans to end Frankish domination.
(b) An alliance with Greece to end Frankish domination.
3. Who dies protecting the Pope from falling fire debris?
(a) Vicedominus Arighis.
(b) Bishop Ludwig.
(c) Cardinal John.
(d) Vicedominus Waldipert.
4. What does Joan do to treat the Pope's illness in Chapter 20?
(a) Places him on a diet and forces him to exercise.
(b) Gives him herbal medication.
(c) Places him on a diet and orders him to drink more wine.
(d) Gives him vitamins.
5. To where does the fire spread, placing innocent lives in danger?
(a) The local market.
(b) The basilica.
(c) The school house.
(d) The village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crime is Benedict accused of committing?
2. What scheme has the missus concocted with the courtesan, Marioza?
3. What position in the church does Anastasius hope to one day achieve?
4. What practice that Joan was previously punished for incorporating into church services is widely incorporated now?
5. Who denounced Lothar only to be proven a liar in order to be appointed Pope upon Pope Sergius' death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who starts the fire that burns the new wall Pope Leo is building and destroys several other buildings, including the school? Why?
2. Who is referred to as 'Little Pope' under Pope Leo? Why?
3. Why does Pope Leo excommunicate Anastasius?
4. What miracle does Joan create in order to stop the fighting between Pope Sergius and Lothar?
5. Why is Joan arrested? What is her punishment?
6. Who begins to plot against Pope Joan because of her ideas?
7. How does Joan prove Gerold innocent during his trial for treason?
8. How does Pope Leo die? Who is elected to take his place?
9. Why is Cardinal Leo elected Pope over Anastasius?
10. Who is working behind the new Pope, Pope Sergius, in order to increase his own power?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)