|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality is the new Bishop the Pope has appointed that causes outrage from Magister Militum Daniel?
2. Where is Joan sent by the missus?
(a) Back to Ingleheim.
(b) The dungeon.
(c) A monastery in Fulda.
(d) To serve the lepers in a leper colony.
3. What advice does Joan give the Pope when they learn a fleet of Saracen ships is on its way to Rome?
(a) To evacuate the city.
(b) To ask Lothar for help.
(c) To hide the religious relics.
(d) To hire an army.
4. For what crime is Gerold put on trial in Chapter 29?
(a) An alliance with Greece to end Frankish domination.
(c) An alliace with the Germans to end Frankish domination.
5. What warning does a messenger bring the Pope on the Day of Ascension?
(a) That the Emperor will be appointing a new Pope.
(b) That Joan has escaped and will seek revenge.
(c) That Lothar is coming.
(d) That the Saracens are coming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of a leader is Pope Leo?
2. To whom does Joan overhear Anastasius pledge loyalty?
3. Who captures Benedict on the road to Rome?
4. What accomplice to the poisoners is found dead in the river?
5. What medical condition does Joan learn she has after the flood?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what office does Anastasius aspire? For what reason?
2. What causes Joan's death?
3. Why does Joan finally agree to run away with Gerold?
4. Why does Benedict abandon his brother and leave Rome?
5. What project does Joan immediately give to Gerold to oversee as she becomes Pope?
6. Who does Gerold support in the battle between the dead Emperor's three sons?
7. How does Joan prove Gerold innocent during his trial for treason?
8. How does Pope Leo die? Who is elected to take his place?
9. Who begins to plot against Pope Joan because of her ideas?
10. What does Joan implement in order to help slow the spread of the plague during Church services?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)