|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Matthew die?
(a) An illness.
(b) An infection.
(c) A sword wound.
(d) A wagon accident.
2. How does Joan cure a leper?
(a) The woman had a simple skin infection, not leprosy.
(b) The woman had a mild case.
(c) She has learned magic through her tutor.
(d) She has special powers bestowed on her by God.
3. What does a fortune teller tell Joan in Chapter 9?
(a) She will become famous.
(b) She will have greatness and grief beyond belief.
(c) She will marry a man she dislikes.
(d) She will become a nun.
4. Which one person knew Joan's true self?
(a) John of Anglicus.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
5. How will Joan's marriage affect John's status at Dorstadt?
(a) John will be sent home.
(b) John will not be affected at all.
(c) John will be forced to leave and to go to a monastery.
(d) John will be married as well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Joan begin to teach and arranges to send to the abbey school?
2. What is a leper?
3. What is the only way for Hrotrud to prove her innocence?
4. What type of books does Gerold begin giving Joan?
5. Which saint does Joan admire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why will the leaders at the monastery not allow Brother Gottschalk to leave?
2. What advice does Gudrun give to Joan that Joan will remember the rest of her life?
3. At whose home does Joan stay during her time at Dorstadt?
4. Who does Aesculapius want to take on as a student?
5. How is Joan treated at school? Why?
6. Who comes to visit Joan and discovers the truth about her identity?
7. Where does Gerold believe Joan is after he fails to find her body among those murdered at the church?
8. How does Joan make it possible for Gottschalk to leave the monastery?
9. Who is blamed for Matthew's death? Why?
10. How does Joan manage to go with John to attend school at Dorstadt?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)