|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Joan begin to teach and arranges to send to the abbey school?
(a) Matthew, her brother.
(b) John, her brother.
(c) Arn, the son of the woman Joan cured.
(d) Gisla, Gerold's daughter.
2. Which one person knew Joan's true self?
(a) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) John of Anglicus.
3. What is the only way for Hrotrud to prove her innocence?
(a) To quit delivering babies.
(b) To drown.
(c) To swim.
(d) To confess.
4. What does Joan think of this impending marriage?
(a) Joan is excited.
(b) Joan wishes Gerold could walk her down the aisle.
(c) Joan does not want it.
(d) Joan is nervous about the wedding night.
5. What does Gerold believe has happened to his daughter Gisla?
(a) She has gone away with her new husband.
(b) She has been murdered.
(c) She has been abducted by Vikings.
(d) She has died of the plague.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Richild arrange a marriage for Joan?
2. Why is John unhappy with the idea of going to school?
3. How does Odo's behavior with Joan change, causing tensions in Chapter 9?
4. What type of questions is Joan advised not to ask in Chapter 9?
5. What threat does Richild use to convince the Bishop to go along with the wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What event allows Joan to take on the persona of her brother and enter a monastery under his name?
2. What happens to all who come to attend Joan's wedding, including her brother John?
3. Where did Joan go after the massacre at the church?
4. At whose home does Joan stay during her time at Dorstadt?
5. How does Joan make it possible for Gottschalk to leave the monastery?
6. Whose death leads Joan to discover that logic applied to religion makes sense? Why?
7. From what background are Joan's parents and why do these backgrounds not mix?
8. Who invites Joan to attend school in Dorstadt? Why do Joan's parents allow this person to believe John is the intended student?
9. What decision has Gerold made while he was away from Joan?
10. What advice does Gudrun give to Joan that Joan will remember the rest of her life?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)