|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who often comes to Joan's rescue when the other students torment her?
2. Which one person knew Joan's true self?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) John of Anglicus.
3. What happens when this visitor sees Joan in John's place?
(a) He has a heart attack.
(b) She announces the truth during church services.
(c) She promises to keep Joan's secret.
(d) He reveals the truth of her identity.
4. How does Joan cure a leper?
(a) She has learned magic through her tutor.
(b) The woman had a mild case.
(c) She has special powers bestowed on her by God.
(d) The woman had a simple skin infection, not leprosy.
5. What is the only way for Hrotrud to prove her innocence?
(a) To confess.
(b) To quit delivering babies.
(c) To drown.
(d) To swim.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attacks the church during Joan's wedding?
2. Who does Joan meet who argues that logic does not threaten faith?
3. What is the name of the school Joan would eventually attend?
4. What decision does Gerold make as he makes the journey home?
5. Why does Gudrun support her husband's lie that the emissary should be looking for John, not Joan in chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Gudrun meet and marry the Canon of Ingleheim?
2. Where did Joan go after the massacre at the church?
3. Who is Pope when Anastasius is a young child?
4. Who catches Gerold and Joan in an embrace?
5. How does Joan make it possible for Gottschalk to leave the monastery?
6. What event allows Joan to take on the persona of her brother and enter a monastery under his name?
7. What does Joan notice at the home of the Bishop that she finds unusual?
8. Whose death leads Joan to discover that logic applied to religion makes sense? Why?
9. Where does Gerold believe Joan is after he fails to find her body among those murdered at the church?
10. How does Gudrun, Joan's mother, feel about the things Aesculapius is teaching her daughter?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)