|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what office is Joan eventually elected?
2. What does a fortune teller tell Joan in Chapter 9?
(a) She will marry a man she dislikes.
(b) She will become famous.
(c) She will have greatness and grief beyond belief.
(d) She will become a nun.
3. What stipulation does Joan's father place on the Greek tutor before allowing him to teach Joan?
(a) He must take her away and never allow her to return.
(b) He must teach John as well.
(c) He must marry her first.
(d) He must not teach her Plato's logic.
4. What languages does Joan hear at the palace that surprise her?
(a) Latin and French.
(b) English and French.
(c) French and Spanish.
(d) Pagan languages as well as proper Latin.
5. Why was Joan's mother considered a heathen by her father?
(a) Because she taught her daughter to read.
(b) Because she refused to attend church.
(c) Because she once worshipped false gods.
(d) Because she was unfaithful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gerold believe has happened to his daughter Gisla?
2. What does a farrier do?
3. Which one person knew Joan's true self?
4. What decision has Brother Gottschalk made in regards to his stay at the monastery?
5. What punishment does Gottschalk receive for his desires regarding his stay at the monastery?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who arranges a marriage for Joan? Who does Joan believe is behind this arranged marriage?
2. Who is Pope when Anastasius is a young child?
3. How does Gudrun, Joan's mother, feel about the things Aesculapius is teaching her daughter?
4. At whose home does Joan stay during her time at Dorstadt?
5. Who comes to visit Joan and discovers the truth about her identity?
6. Why will the leaders at the monastery not allow Brother Gottschalk to leave?
7. What does Anastasius witness as he waits to visit his Uncle Theodorus?
8. What event causes Joan to defy the church's policy against women and makes her happy to be living as a man?
9. What decision has Gerold made while he was away from Joan?
10. Where does Joan go to school and whose teachings help her get there?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)