|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are lepers separated from the general population?
(a) To keep them from stealing again.
(b) To keep them from spreading the plague.
(c) To keep them from soiling the pure souls.
(d) To prevent the spreading of the disease.
2. What does Gerold buy for Joan during their trip in Chapter 9?
(a) A new dress.
(b) Cotton candy.
(c) Blueprints to a hydraulic device.
(d) Blueprints to a motorized wagon.
3. What is the only way for Hrotrud to prove her innocence?
(a) To drown.
(b) To quit delivering babies.
(c) To confess.
(d) To swim.
4. What type of questions is Joan advised not to ask in Chapter 9?
(a) Questions about the Bishop and his lover.
(b) Questions about the life of Jesus.
(c) Questions about Richild's behaviors.
(d) Heretical questions that question the basic tenents of their faith.
5. What is Joan learning under the tutor of Brother Benjamin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a fortune teller tell Joan in Chapter 9?
2. In Chapter 15, what do the monks gather to do?
3. In what year is Joan of Ingleheim born?
4. Why is John unhappy with the idea of going to school?
5. What subject does Joan attempt to challenge her tester on in Chapter 7-8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Pope when Anastasius is a young child?
2. What event causes Joan to defy the church's policy against women and makes her happy to be living as a man?
3. Who is blamed for Matthew's death? Why?
4. What causes the death of the servant Bertha on the walk to the fair?
5. With whom does Joan get into a discussion regarding the inferiority of females?
6. What person comes to visit the Canon of Ingleheim and what does he try to teach him about logic?
7. Who does Aesculapius want to take on as a student?
8. Who invites Joan to attend school in Dorstadt? Why do Joan's parents allow this person to believe John is the intended student?
9. Where did Joan go after the massacre at the church?
10. What advice does Gudrun give to Joan that Joan will remember the rest of her life?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)