|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to another fleet of Saracen ships come to invade Rome?
(a) They are massacred by Lothar's army.
(b) They break apart in a storm.
(c) They are turned back by a fleet of armed ships.
(d) They are destroyed by Viking warriors.
2. Who burns the project in an attempt to hurt the Pope's role in Rome?
3. To where does the fire spread, placing innocent lives in danger?
(a) The school house.
(b) The local market.
(c) The basilica.
(d) The village.
4. Who denounced Lothar only to be proven a liar in order to be appointed Pope upon Pope Sergius' death?
5. Who disapproves of the new Pope's progressive thinking?
(a) The people.
(b) The Emperor.
(c) The optimates and high clergy.
6. To what position does the new Pope promote Joan?
7. Where does Joan spend a great deal of her time in Rome assisting?
(a) St. Paul's Cathedral.
(b) The infirmary.
(c) The Vatican.
(d) The Schola Anglorum.
8. For what crime is Gerold put on trial in Chapter 29?
(a) An alliace with the Germans to end Frankish domination.
(c) An alliance with Greece to end Frankish domination.
9. What is done with the surviving Saracens?
(a) They are sent back to their home country.
(b) They are forced to work on the defense project in Rome.
(c) They are put in a dungeon.
(d) They are hung.
10. What punishment does Benedict receive for his crime?
(a) His hands are severed.
(b) He is hanged.
(c) He is banished from Rome.
(d) He is placed in the dungeon.
11. What medical condition does Joan learn she has after the flood?
12. To whom does Joan overhear Anastasius pledge loyalty?
(a) The Pope.
13. Who is elected Pope after Leo's death?
14. Whose army arrives to save the people of Rome from the Saracens?
(a) Prince Siconulf.
15. What do the Saracens take from the basilica?
(a) The cross of Constantine.
(b) The holy grail.
(c) The ark of the covenant.
(d) The cross of Gabriel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Joan's actions impede the power of the Pope's missus?
2. Who is traveling with Lothar's army?
3. What practice that Joan was previously punished for incorporating into church services is widely incorporated now?
4. On whose side does Gerold choose to fight?
5. What position in the church does Anastasius hope to one day achieve?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)