|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subjects did Joan strive to learn?
(a) Religion and philosophy.
(b) Medicine and logic.
(c) Religion and medicine.
(d) Homeopathy and paganism.
2. What happened to the servant Richild forced to walk beside the wagons in Chapter 9?
(a) She fell and broke her neck.
(b) She rode on the back of Joan's horse.
(c) She drowned out of exhaustion.
(d) She eventually was allowed back in the wagons.
3. Where does Joan travel to with Count Gerold and his family in Chapter 9?
(a) A fair in St. Denis.
(b) A church service in Ingleheim.
(c) A family wedding in Rome.
(d) A funeral in Venice.
4. Why does Richild force a servant to walk along side the wagons?
(a) Because she was angry at Joan for riding a horse, but could not punish Joan.
(b) Because the servant refused to help load the wagons.
(c) Because the servant refused to sit with the luggage.
(d) Because of a tasteless joke about the daughter of Richild's wedding night.
5. Why does Gudrun tell her daughter that she went with the Christian missionaries, a group that included her current husband?
(a) They kidnapped her.
(b) She was starving.
(c) She wanted to convert to Christianity.
(d) She fell in love.
6. What causes Joan to become ill in Chapter 6?
(a) A fall in the woods.
(b) Her father's beating.
(c) The plague.
(d) An attack by mauraders.
7. Who does Joan begin to teach and arranges to send to the abbey school?
(a) John, her brother.
(b) Arn, the son of the woman Joan cured.
(c) Gisla, Gerold's daughter.
(d) Matthew, her brother.
8. What job is Gerold assigned to do while away from his family?
(a) District judge or missus.
(b) Advisor to the emperor.
(c) General of the army.
(d) Bishop of a school.
9. How will Joan's marriage affect John's status at Dorstadt?
(a) John will not be affected at all.
(b) John will be married as well.
(c) John will be forced to leave and to go to a monastery.
(d) John will be sent home.
10. What subject does Joan attempt to challenge her tester on in Chapter 7-8?
(a) The inferiority of women.
(b) The illogical punishments of the Church.
(c) The existence of Jesus.
(d) The reality of the crucifixion.
11. Who cares for Joan through her illness in Chapter 6?
(a) The Canon of Ingleheim.
12. What situation did Joan's continued success in her education depend upon?
(a) Her ability to pay her tuition.
(b) Her ability to heal lepers.
(c) Her ability to hide the fact she was female.
(d) Her ability to hide the truth of her education from her father.
13. What does Richild do to Joan to force her to attend the wedding?
(a) Richild calls the military to escort Joan to the wedding.
(b) Richild has the Bishop imprison Joan until the wedding.
(c) Richild drugs Joan.
(d) Richild ties Joan up.
14. What does Joan think of this impending marriage?
(a) Joan does not want it.
(b) Joan is nervous about the wedding night.
(c) Joan is excited.
(d) Joan wishes Gerold could walk her down the aisle.
15. Who attacks the church during Joan's wedding?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are lepers separated from the general population?
2. With whom is Joan to live while attending the school?
3. For whom does Judith, wife of Viscount Waifar, come to the church to pray?
4. What does Gerold buy for Joan during their trip in Chapter 9?
5. Who survives the attack in the woods and how?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)