|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Joan warned could happen to people who ask the wrong questions?
(a) Some who ask such questions have disappeared.
(b) She could be forced to prove her faith by drowning.
(c) She could be forced into an unwanted marriage.
(d) Some who ask heretical questions have been stoned.
2. What languages does Joan hear at the palace that surprise her?
(a) English and French.
(b) Latin and French.
(c) French and Spanish.
(d) Pagan languages as well as proper Latin.
3. How does Joan's father react to her display of intelligence in her attempts to allow her to take up Matthew's studies?
(a) He reminds her that females are not allowed to be educated.
(b) He sends her to school.
(c) He accuses her of killing Matthew in order to take his place in his studies.
(d) He calls her unnatural and blames her for Matthew's death.
4. To what office is Joan eventually elected?
5. Who created this miracle?
(b) The Pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Joan begin to teach and arranges to send to the abbey school?
2. What practice does Joan institute in the churches of Fulda that causes her to be punished for disobedience?
3. Who cares for Joan through her illness in Chapter 6?
4. With whom does Joan fancy herself in love at the young age of thirteen?
5. What penance does Joan offer the Pope after he confesses his sins?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)