|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Richild say about Joan's relationship with Gerold?
(a) That he has had many flirtations.
(b) That he thinks of Joan only as a friend.
(c) That he can never divorce Richild.
(d) That he confessed all to Richild and regrets his actions.
2. Why is Joan released from the dungeon?
(a) To negotiate with Lothar.
(b) To help find Benedict.
(c) To pray for a miracle.
(d) To treat the Pope's illness.
3. Who finds a passage in the law books that results in the church council overruling the abbot?
(a) Brother Benjamin.
(b) Gerold of Villiaris.
(c) Joan of Ingleheim.
(d) John of Anglicus.
4. Why is John unhappy with the idea of going to school?
(a) He resents the fact that he is growing older.
(b) He wants to be a warrior instead.
(c) He knows he is not smart enough to do well.
(d) He would rather remain at his father's side.
5. What misunderstanding do Gerold and Joan work out when they meet up again?
(a) Gerold's devotion to Richild.
(b) Gerold's involvement in Joan's arranged marriage.
(c) Gerold's affairs with other women.
(d) Gerold's association with Lothar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position in the church does Anastasius hope to one day achieve?
2. What does Richild intercept that tells her of Joan's plans?
3. From where is the emissary who comes in Chapter 6, looking for Joan?
4. How does Joan's father react to her display of intelligence in her attempts to allow her to take up Matthew's studies?
5. What disaster hits the Martius area that forces Gerold and Joan to go there in order to save the poor?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)