|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Joan been for the five years since her wedding?
(a) A monestary in Fulda.
(b) Home with her parents.
(c) Living with her husband.
(d) A convent in Rome.
2. What languages does Joan hear at the palace that surprise her?
(a) English and French.
(b) Pagan languages as well as proper Latin.
(c) Latin and French.
(d) French and Spanish.
3. What does Joan think of this impending marriage?
(a) Joan does not want it.
(b) Joan is excited.
(c) Joan is nervous about the wedding night.
(d) Joan wishes Gerold could walk her down the aisle.
4. What happened to destroy the small village where Gudrun grew up?
(a) The plague.
(b) Christian soldiers attacked.
(c) A battle for the Emperor's throne.
(d) A natural storm destroyed it.
5. For what reason does their father blame two people for the death of Matthew?
(a) They brought sin into the family.
(b) They caused the sword wound that killed him.
(c) They exposed him to an illness.
(d) They caused the wagon accident that killed him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Joan released from the dungeon?
2. What decision does Gerold make as he makes the journey home?
3. What does Joan's father do when he sees her reading the book Aesculapius gave Joan?
4. Who is traveling with Lothar's army?
5. What misunderstanding do Gerold and Joan work out when they meet up again?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)