|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gerold find when he goes to the chapel in Villairis?
(a) John being baptized before going to monastery.
(b) Richild marrying another man.
(c) His family and friends all masacred.
(d) Joan marrying another man.
2. For what reason does Matthew feel they should hide these lessons from their father?
(a) They want to surprise him.
(b) He would not approve.
(c) He would be disappointed in Joan's inability to learn quickly.
(d) He would make fun of tiny Joan.
3. From where is the emissary who comes in Chapter 6, looking for Joan?
(a) The Emperor's residence.
(b) A school in Dorstadt.
(c) The monastery in Fulda.
(d) The Pope's residence in Rome.
4. Where does Joan travel to with Count Gerold and his family in Chapter 9?
(a) A fair in St. Denis.
(b) A family wedding in Rome.
(c) A church service in Ingleheim.
(d) A funeral in Venice.
5. What happens when Joan and her companions arrive at the Bishop's palace?
(a) They are bathed and invited to dinner.
(b) They are immediately placed in the school dorms.
(c) They are interviewed and invited to dinner.
(d) They are jailed for bad behavior on the trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gerold buy for Joan during their trip in Chapter 9?
2. Why is Aesculapius fired from the schola?
3. What decision does Gerold make as he makes the journey home?
4. Who was Joan's tutor when she was a child?
5. Which saint does Joan admire?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)