|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision has Brother Gottschalk made in regards to his stay at the monastery?
(a) Brother Gottschalk wants to leave the monastery.
(b) Brother Gottschalk wants to devote his life to the monastery.
(c) Brother Gottschalk wants to visit his family for a year.
(d) Brother Gottschalk wants to be married, but remain at the monastery as a civilian servant.
2. For what reason does Matthew feel they should hide these lessons from their father?
(a) He would be disappointed in Joan's inability to learn quickly.
(b) He would not approve.
(c) He would make fun of tiny Joan.
(d) They want to surprise him.
3. What is the only way for Hrotrud to prove her innocence?
(a) To drown.
(b) To quit delivering babies.
(c) To confess.
(d) To swim.
4. What is the name of the school Joan would eventually attend?
5. What does Joan show to her father in order to inspire him to allow her to take up Matthew's studies?
(a) That she can draw better than John.
(b) That she is smarter than John.
(c) That she can read.
(d) That she can write.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the missus accuse Joan of?
2. What subjects did Joan strive to learn?
3. What does Aesculapius give Joan when he leaves?
4. What decision does Gerold make as he makes the journey home?
5. Why does Richild force a servant to walk along side the wagons?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)