|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What misunderstanding do Gerold and Joan work out when they meet up again?
(a) Gerold's affairs with other women.
(b) Gerold's involvement in Joan's arranged marriage.
(c) Gerold's devotion to Richild.
(d) Gerold's association with Lothar.
2. What changes to her body does Joan not like?
(a) Joan dislikes the growth of her breasts.
(b) Joan dislikes that the boys find her asexual.
(c) Joan dislikes that she has no breasts.
(d) Joan dislikes the new curves at her waist and hips.
3. Which side wins the first battle?
(a) Charles and Gerold.
(b) Lothar and Gerold.
(c) Charles and Ludwig.
(d) Ludwig and Gerold.
4. Why is Judith, wife of Viscount Waifar, turned away from the church even though she has waited the normal thirty days?
(a) She is considered unclean.
(b) She has committed a crime.
(c) She refuses to bow to the male churchgoers.
(d) She has no money to pay a donation.
5. What practice does Joan institute in the churches of Fulda that causes her to be punished for disobedience?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Joan and her companions arrive at the Bishop's palace?
2. What is Joan warned could happen to people who ask the wrong questions?
3. What happened to destroy the small village where Gudrun grew up?
4. Who finds the survivor?
5. With whom does Joan fancy herself in love at the young age of thirteen?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)