|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of books does Gerold begin giving Joan?
(a) Religious books.
(b) Books on philosophy.
(c) Books on cooking and female ettiquette.
(d) Books that address issues outside of religion.
2. To which members of the family is Joan closest?
(a) John and her father.
(b) Her mother and father.
(c) Matthew and her mother.
(d) Matthew and John.
3. Who is one of the instigators of torment against Joan?
(b) Gerold's son, Anastasius.
(c) Her brother, John.
(d) Her brother, Matthew.
4. What does Mathew begin to teach six-year-old Joan?
(a) How to wield a sword.
(b) How to chew tobacco.
(c) How to read and write.
(d) How to bake bread.
5. What does Gerold find when he returns home to Villairis?
(a) The village has been attacked, but everyone is fine.
(b) His wife is out of town.
(c) Everything is normal.
(d) The village burned to ashes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joan see her love for Gerold now that time has passed?
2. Who does their father blame for Matthew's death?
3. What does Matthew give to Joan to celebrate her intelligence?
4. What happened to the servant Richild forced to walk beside the wagons in Chapter 9?
5. What does Joan think of this impending marriage?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)