|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which saint does Joan admire?
(a) St. Agnes.
(b) St. Elizabeth.
(c) St. Jude.
(d) St. Catherine.
2. What happens to John and the emissary as they walk in the woods in Chapter 6?
(a) They attack an unarmed group of travelers.
(b) They are attacked by a brigand.
(c) They decide to run away.
(d) They are attacked by Norsemen.
3. What happens during Anastasius' visit to the Roman Lateran Palace that he is forced to watch?
(a) Theordorus is murdered by the papal militia.
(b) The Roman Emperor is murdered by Norsemen.
(c) The Lutheran Bishop is murdered by Christian soldiers.
(d) The Pope is murdered by his own advisers.
4. What does John steal from his father in Chapter 6?
(a) A knife.
(b) A cross.
(d) A Bible.
5. What subjects did Joan strive to learn?
(a) Religion and medicine.
(b) Medicine and logic.
(c) Religion and philosophy.
(d) Homeopathy and paganism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Matthew die?
2. What does Aesculapius promise Joan when he leaves?
3. For what reason does Matthew feel they should hide these lessons from their father?
4. To which members of the family is Joan closest?
5. Why does Gudrun tell her daughter that she went with the Christian missionaries, a group that included her current husband?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)