|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Joan's tutor when she was a child?
2. What is the only way for Hrotrud to prove her innocence?
(a) To drown.
(b) To swim.
(c) To confess.
(d) To quit delivering babies.
3. From where is the emissary who comes in Chapter 6, looking for Joan?
(a) A school in Dorstadt.
(b) The monastery in Fulda.
(c) The Emperor's residence.
(d) The Pope's residence in Rome.
4. Why is it an insult to her mother for Joan to be tutored by a Catholic teacher?
(a) Because her mother should be her primary tutor.
(b) Because her mother is uneducated and does not understand what Joan has learned.
(c) Because her mother has taught her about Saxon gods, considered pagan by Catholics.
(d) Because her mother was not consulted before Joan began her studies.
5. For what reason does Matthew feel they should hide these lessons from their father?
(a) He would make fun of tiny Joan.
(b) He would not approve.
(c) He would be disappointed in Joan's inability to learn quickly.
(d) They want to surprise him.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Joan admire this saint?
2. What does John steal from his father in Chapter 6?
3. What happens to John and the emissary as they walk in the woods in Chapter 6?
4. To what office is Joan eventually elected?
5. Who does their father blame for Matthew's death?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)