|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Joan beaten unconscious by her father at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Joan refuses to allow her father to burn her gift from Aesculapius.
(b) Joan decides her father is too ignorant to explain the concepts in her gift from Aesculapius to her father.
(c) Joan refuses to scrape the words from the pages of her gift from Aesculapius.
(d) Joan refuses to read her gift from Aesculapius to her father.
2. What does Matthew give to Joan to celebrate her intelligence?
(a) A new sword.
(b) A new hairbrush.
(c) A new book.
(d) A medal of her favorite saint.
3. What subjects did Joan strive to learn?
(a) Religion and philosophy.
(b) Medicine and logic.
(c) Homeopathy and paganism.
(d) Religion and medicine.
4. What does John steal from his father in Chapter 6?
(a) A cross.
(b) A knife.
(d) A Bible.
5. To which members of the family is Joan closest?
(a) John and her father.
(b) Matthew and her mother.
(c) Matthew and John.
(d) Her mother and father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Joan meet who argues that logic does not threaten faith?
2. In what year is Joan of Ingleheim born?
3. What title did Joan's father hold?
4. Which one person knew Joan's true self?
5. Who survives the attack in the woods and how?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)