|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matthew give to Joan to celebrate her intelligence?
(a) A new sword.
(b) A medal of her favorite saint.
(c) A new book.
(d) A new hairbrush.
2. From where is the emissary who comes in Chapter 6, looking for Joan?
(a) The Emperor's residence.
(b) The monastery in Fulda.
(c) A school in Dorstadt.
(d) The Pope's residence in Rome.
3. Who survives the attack in the woods and how?
(a) The emissary by using a sword.
(b) John, by using his father's knife.
(c) John, by using one of his father's sermons to talk the attackers down.
(d) The emissary, due to his connection to the Bishop.
4. To what office is Joan eventually elected?
5. Which one person knew Joan's true self?
(b) John of Anglicus.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Joan's tutor when she was a child?
2. Which saint does Joan admire?
3. Why is Aesculapius fired from the schola?
4. Why does Gudrun tell her daughter that she went with the Christian missionaries, a group that included her current husband?
5. What happened to destroy the small village where Gudrun grew up?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)