|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what people is Anastasius writing a book dealing with their history?
(a) The Catholics.
(b) The Prostestants.
(c) The Popes.
(d) The Saxons.
2. Why does Gudrun support her husband's lie that the emissary should be looking for John, not Joan in chapter 6?
(a) Gudrun is threatened by her husband to support him.
(b) Gudrun wants Joan to remain with her and learn her Saxon ways.
(c) Gudrun no longer supports her daughter's desire to learn.
(d) Gudrun wants to punish Joan for angering her husband.
3. For what reason does Matthew feel they should hide these lessons from their father?
(a) They want to surprise him.
(b) He would be disappointed in Joan's inability to learn quickly.
(c) He would make fun of tiny Joan.
(d) He would not approve.
4. What item does Joan give to the daughter of her friend, Arn?
(a) Her rosary.
(b) Her St. Catherine medal.
(c) Her crucifix.
(d) Her monk robes.
5. What magical event takes place when Lothar reaches Rome?
(a) The basilica doors open.
(b) The city gates close on their own.
(c) The city gates open on their own.
(d) The basilica doors close on their own.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joan refuse to run away with Gerold in Chapter 27?
2. For what reason does their father blame two people for the death of Matthew?
3. What changes to her body does Joan not like?
4. What does Joan know about the Saracens that makes her fear for the safety of Rome?
5. How does Joan see her love for Gerold now that time has passed?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)