|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes to her body does Joan not like?
(a) Joan dislikes the growth of her breasts.
(b) Joan dislikes that the boys find her asexual.
(c) Joan dislikes the new curves at her waist and hips.
(d) Joan dislikes that she has no breasts.
2. What advice does Gudrun give her daughter that Joan will recall all her life?
(a) Never allow her sex to hold her down.
(b) Never fall in love.
(c) Never let a man raise a hand to her.
(d) Never depend on a man.
3. What does Joan discover when she applies logic to Hrotrud's trial?
(a) It could have been handled faster.
(b) Hrotrud was guilty.
(c) It could have been handled differently.
(d) Hrotrud was innocent.
4. What happened to destroy the small village where Gudrun grew up?
(a) The plague.
(b) A natural storm destroyed it.
(c) Christian soldiers attacked.
(d) A battle for the Emperor's throne.
5. What happened to the servant Richild forced to walk beside the wagons in Chapter 9?
(a) She eventually was allowed back in the wagons.
(b) She rode on the back of Joan's horse.
(c) She fell and broke her neck.
(d) She drowned out of exhaustion.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where is the emissary who comes in Chapter 6, looking for Joan?
2. What does Joan think of this impending marriage?
3. What type of books does Gerold begin giving Joan?
4. For what reason does their father blame two people for the death of Matthew?
5. What happens during Anastasius' visit to the Roman Lateran Palace that he is forced to watch?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)