|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is John unhappy with the idea of going to school?
(a) He would rather remain at his father's side.
(b) He wants to be a warrior instead.
(c) He resents the fact that he is growing older.
(d) He knows he is not smart enough to do well.
2. What does the Bishop thinks of Joan's arranged married?
(a) He does not want to see his star pupil leave.
(b) He believes Joan should marry someone else.
(c) He believes they should wait for Gerold's return.
(d) He believes permission should be granted by Joan's parents.
3. What is Joan warned could happen to people who ask the wrong questions?
(a) She could be forced into an unwanted marriage.
(b) Some who ask such questions have disappeared.
(c) She could be forced to prove her faith by drowning.
(d) Some who ask heretical questions have been stoned.
4. How will Joan's marriage affect John's status at Dorstadt?
(a) John will be married as well.
(b) John will be sent home.
(c) John will not be affected at all.
(d) John will be forced to leave and to go to a monastery.
5. What stipulation does Joan's father place on the Greek tutor before allowing him to teach Joan?
(a) He must marry her first.
(b) He must not teach her Plato's logic.
(c) He must take her away and never allow her to return.
(d) He must teach John as well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joan show to her father in order to inspire him to allow her to take up Matthew's studies?
2. What does Richild do to Joan to force her to attend the wedding?
3. Who does their father blame for Matthew's death?
4. Who attacks the church during Joan's wedding?
5. What happened to destroy the small village where Gudrun grew up?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)