|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Aesculapius fired from the schola?
(a) For teaching a female student.
(b) For his beliefs.
(c) For breaking a vow of celibacy.
(d) For inappropriate behavior with students.
2. What type of questions is Joan advised not to ask in Chapter 9?
(a) Questions about Richild's behaviors.
(b) Questions about the life of Jesus.
(c) Heretical questions that question the basic tenents of their faith.
(d) Questions about the Bishop and his lover.
3. Why is it an insult to her mother for Joan to be tutored by a Catholic teacher?
(a) Because her mother has taught her about Saxon gods, considered pagan by Catholics.
(b) Because her mother should be her primary tutor.
(c) Because her mother was not consulted before Joan began her studies.
(d) Because her mother is uneducated and does not understand what Joan has learned.
4. Who comes to visit John of Anglicus at Fulda?
(c) The Canon of Ingleheim.
5. Where does Joan travel to with Count Gerold and his family in Chapter 9?
(a) A family wedding in Rome.
(b) A church service in Ingleheim.
(c) A funeral in Venice.
(d) A fair in St. Denis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joan's father do when he sees her reading the book Aesculapius gave Joan?
2. What changes to her body does Joan not like?
3. How does Odo's behavior with Joan change, causing tensions in Chapter 9?
4. Why has Hrotrud, the midwife, been put on trial?
5. Who takes advantage of the Pope's illness by exerting his power beyond the limits of his position as missus?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)