|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a leper?
(a) A person who is unclean and unwanted.
(b) A person who spreads the plague.
(c) A person who steals.
(d) A person who suffers from the disease leprosy.
2. Why is Joan beaten unconscious by her father at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Joan refuses to scrape the words from the pages of her gift from Aesculapius.
(b) Joan refuses to allow her father to burn her gift from Aesculapius.
(c) Joan refuses to read her gift from Aesculapius to her father.
(d) Joan decides her father is too ignorant to explain the concepts in her gift from Aesculapius to her father.
3. What is the only way for Hrotrud to prove her innocence?
(a) To confess.
(b) To swim.
(c) To drown.
(d) To quit delivering babies.
4. What does Aesculapius give Joan when he leaves?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A romantic novel.
(c) A book of Homer.
(d) A book of poetry.
5. What position in the church does Anastasius hope to one day achieve?
(d) Papal Librarian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aesculapius promise Joan when he leaves?
2. What type of books does Gerold begin giving Joan?
3. What happens during Anastasius' visit to the Roman Lateran Palace that he is forced to watch?
4. Who comes to visit John of Anglicus at Fulda?
5. What does Joan discover about white wolves simply by observing them?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)