|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason do Anastasius and his father go to the Roman Lateran Palace?
(a) To visit Anastasius' Uncle Theordorus.
(b) To visit the Pope.
(c) To visit the landmarks of Rome.
(d) To visit the Lutheran Bishop.
2. What happens when this visitor sees Joan in John's place?
(a) He reveals the truth of her identity.
(b) He has a heart attack.
(c) She promises to keep Joan's secret.
(d) She announces the truth during church services.
3. Why is Joan beaten unconscious by her father at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Joan refuses to allow her father to burn her gift from Aesculapius.
(b) Joan refuses to read her gift from Aesculapius to her father.
(c) Joan decides her father is too ignorant to explain the concepts in her gift from Aesculapius to her father.
(d) Joan refuses to scrape the words from the pages of her gift from Aesculapius.
4. What does Gerold find when he returns home to Villairis?
(a) His wife is out of town.
(b) Everything is normal.
(c) The village has been attacked, but everyone is fine.
(d) The village burned to ashes.
5. What is a leper?
(a) A person who steals.
(b) A person who suffers from the disease leprosy.
(c) A person who spreads the plague.
(d) A person who is unclean and unwanted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gerold kill on the docks in a rage?
2. What does Gerold believe has happened to his daughter Gisla?
3. How does Odo's behavior with Joan change, causing tensions in Chapter 9?
4. What position in the church does Anastasius hope to one day achieve?
5. What event is Anastasius waiting to take place in order to help him advance in the church?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)