|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of questions is Joan advised not to ask in Chapter 9?
(a) Questions about the Bishop and his lover.
(b) Questions about the life of Jesus.
(c) Heretical questions that question the basic tenents of their faith.
(d) Questions about Richild's behaviors.
2. What is Joan warned could happen to people who ask the wrong questions?
(a) Some who ask heretical questions have been stoned.
(b) She could be forced to prove her faith by drowning.
(c) Some who ask such questions have disappeared.
(d) She could be forced into an unwanted marriage.
3. What does a fortune teller tell Joan in Chapter 9?
(a) She will marry a man she dislikes.
(b) She will become a nun.
(c) She will have greatness and grief beyond belief.
(d) She will become famous.
4. What item does Joan give to the daughter of her friend, Arn?
(a) Her rosary.
(b) Her St. Catherine medal.
(c) Her crucifix.
(d) Her monk robes.
5. To where does the fire spread, placing innocent lives in danger?
(a) The local market.
(b) The village.
(c) The basilica.
(d) The school house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of books does Gerold begin giving Joan?
2. Who burns the project in an attempt to hurt the Pope's role in Rome?
3. What punishment does the Pope give the person accused of starting the fire?
4. Who sees Joan in an embrace with a married man at the end of Chapter 9?
5. What practice does Joan institute in the churches of Fulda that causes her to be punished for disobedience?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)