|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the old days, it was said that time does what to all things?
2. A modern wit is considered to one of the fools belonging to whom?
3. The fools that are most troublesome are the ones that possess which of the following?
4. If one chooses to lie down with the dogs, he will most likely rise up with what?
5. What famous poet is referred to in this section?
6. One should not fear death. The sooner one dies, the sooner he will be ___________.
7. What group of people will most likely go through life without just rewards?
8. Franklin refers to a villain in relation to being anointed and which of the following?
9. The first proverb refers to what kind of money?
10. How many towns contend for Homer?
11. To what does Franklin compare to a shadow in the sun?
(a) False friend.
(b) Fair weather.
(c) Skittish animals.
12. In more modern days, it was said that time does what to all things?
13. Who/what is the namesake of the above woman?
(d) Greek goddess.
14. Which is not among the things that will lead to a man's fortune?
15. Franklin takes great care to discuss the anatomy of which of the following?
(c) The church.
(d) Human heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. With which family member did Benjamin work as an apprentice?
2. From what physical ailment did the man suffer?
3. Franklin says that eyes, along with this, bear no jests. What will bear no jest?
4. What one thing is said to be the root of evil as well as the cause of a dull brain?
5. What is its own defense?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)