|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After crosses and losses, men tend to become which of the following?
(a) Stealthy and quiet.
(b) Holy and silent.
(c) Forthright and honest.
(d) Humbler and wiser.
2. In what city was Benjamin Franklin born?
3. An undutiful daughter will surely make what kind of wife?
4. One who dresses well will soon find that he is no longer _______________.
5. According to Franklin it is not the large things that wreak havoc. Instead, what is more likely to sink a ship?
(a) Tear in the sail.
(b) Loose lips.
(c) Small leak.
(d) A faulty captain.
6. Franklin says that a mob is a monster and although it has many heads it lacks what?
7. One should take a lot of time and much care when choosing _____________.
(a) A good horse.
(b) A friend.
(c) Land to plow.
(d) A wife.
8. According to the text, a woman will sober up after what occasion?
(d) New Year.
9. The fools that are most troublesome are the ones that possess which of the following?
10. Lies stand on how many legs?
11. What is the best way to serve God according to Franklin?
12. What almost always has a reason, even if it is not a good one?
13. Who/what is the namesake of the above woman?
(b) Greek goddess.
14. What, when kept, will ensure that one can also keep one's friends?
15. What great Biblical character is referred to in regards to slaying thousands?
Short Answer Questions
1. When talking about the forbearance of a traveler, which animal is not mentioned?
2. Franklin takes great care to discuss the anatomy of which of the following?
3. Who mourns his sins with a heavy heart?
4. If one does what he knows he should do, it will be easy to live with which of the following?
5. Franklin says that eyes, along with this, bear no jests. What will bear no jest?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)