|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many towns contend for Homer?
2. All things are difficult to those that practice what?
3. A man who has not had the opportunity of celebrity must often replace it with which of the following?
(a) A wife.
4. What did Jack eat?
5. The fools that are most troublesome are the ones that possess which of the following?
6. The best kind of sermon is what?
7. Lies stand on how many legs?
8. One should take a lot of time and much care when choosing _____________.
(a) A friend.
(b) A good horse.
(c) Land to plow.
(d) A wife.
9. If one chooses to lie down with the dogs, he will most likely rise up with what?
10. According to the text, a woman will sober up after what occasion?
(b) New Year.
11. Who/what is the namesake of the above woman?
(c) Greek goddess.
12. According to Franklin it is not the large things that wreak havoc. Instead, what is more likely to sink a ship?
(a) Loose lips.
(b) Small leak.
(c) Tear in the sail.
(d) A faulty captain.
13. What, along with visitors, will stink after three days?
(c) A wet dog.
(d) Rotted meat.
14. Franklin mentions three things should not be taken by candlelight. Which is not one of the three?
15. Lawyers are compared to what animal in Proverb 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. One should not fear death. The sooner one dies, the sooner he will be ___________.
2. What adjective is used to describe all types of blood?
3. Who is unable to learn in any school but the school of experience?
4. What, when kept, will ensure that one can also keep one's friends?
5. For what item did Homer have to beg?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)