|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section Three Through Page 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Virtue is to happiness as _____________.
(a) Temper is to remorse.
(b) Mother is to daughter.
(c) Faith is to hope.
(d) Father is to son.
2. If one chooses to lie down with the dogs, he will most likely rise up with what?
3. What two words does Franklin use to describe himself?
(a) Fat and bald.
(b) Patriotic and forthright.
(c) Old and wise.
(d) Poor and lame.
4. The author believes that if pride dines upon vanity, it sups on _____________.
5. Franklin talks about the difference between which two often similar things?
(a) Experience and know how.
(b) Practice and theory.
(c) Leisure and laziness.
(d) Education and knowledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing that dares not enter a working man's house?
2. In several sayings, Franklin warns against calculating your future before it happens. What saying most closely compares to that thought?
3. To be intimate with a foolish friend is like going to bed with a what?
4. Franklin says that a mob is a monster and although it has many heads it lacks what?
5. What word is used to describe a stubborn and obstinate person?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)