|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is a potential suitor for Barbara?
(b) Magistrate Cyprjan.
(d) Bishop Lubonski.
2. What do the people who barricaded themselves in a church to avoid the Mongol attack do after surviving the attack?
(a) Follow the Mongols to fight the Tartars.
(b) Harass the Mongols.
(c) Challenge the Mongols.
(d) Hide from the Tartars, too.
3. Who is Lubonski sending two young men to visit?
(a) The King.
(b) Various families.
(c) The Baron.
(d) Catherine the Great.
4. How many days does Barbara's wedding last?
5. What was the new weapon of the group that invades Poland in July 1655?
(a) Poison dart.
(b) Muzzle loader.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country is partitioned by Catherine the Great in 1772?
2. Who becomes Stanislaw August, King of Poland?
3. In what year does Hedwig inherit the Polish throne?
4. Who is the commander of the Turks when the Polish arrive in Vienna?
5. What is the name of the army that Polish king Jan Sobieski develops?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gift does Han give to his wife? How and why does she react?
2. What is the topic of discussion Feliks and Roman have at Lancut? What prediction do they make regarding the topic of discussion?
3. What is Szymon Bukowski's role in the special event the beginning of the book?
4. After the meeting in Chapter 1, who does Bukowski meet and what deal is arranged?
5. What is the purpose of Magistrate Cyperjan's banquet held at Castle Gorka? Why is the event held there?
6. How do Pawel and Janko get arrested on their spy mission and why do they want to be detained?
7. Who is Lumbomirska and why is her character important in this story?
8. Who is Catherine the Great and what is her plan for Poland?
9. Who is Tytus Bukowski and what is his accomplishment?
10. Why was Poland taken so easily by the Tartars?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)