|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lubonski sending two young men to visit?
(a) Catherine the Great.
(b) The King.
(c) The Baron.
(d) Various families.
2. Who is the count of Bukowo under the Austrian rule?
(a) Baron Janko Bukoski.
(b) Baron Jan Buk.
(c) Baron Gorka.
(d) Baron Lasharz Lubonski.
3. Which of his own sons does Lubonski also think should marry?
4. At the meeting between the Communist Party and the protesters, what do Buk and Bykowski find that they have a common?
(a) Hobby of painting.
(b) An ancestor.
(c) Love of books.
(d) Interest in farming.
5. What new staples were brought home to Poland a result of the war in Vienna?
(a) Spaghetti sauce and pizza.
(b) Baklava and honey.
(c) Coffee and potatoes.
(d) Pickles and kraut.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who feels Mustafa is wrong in coming to Vienna?
2. Who was supposed to protect the village of Bukowski when the Mongols attacked in 1241?
3. How many days does Barbara's wedding last?
4. Who provides medical services to Christian soldiers?
5. What are the Granickis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the Ukrainian areas of Poland when the Cossacks revolt in 1648? What impedes the rebuilding process?
2. Who are the Polish hussars and what king is responsible for their development?
3. What is the topic of discussion Feliks and Roman have at Lancut? What prediction do they make regarding the topic of discussion?
4. When and where does the book open, and what special event begins the story?
5. What is the Polish reaction to the 1772 partition of Poland? Who has control of Bukowo?
6. Who defeats the Swedes in Poland and how do they do it?
7. What is the purpose of Magistrate Cyperjan's banquet held at Castle Gorka? Why is the event held there?
8. Who is Lumbomirska and why is her character important in this story?
9. Who are the Teutonic Knights? Who is their leader when they relocate to northern Poland in 1226?
10. Who is Catherine the Great and what is her plan for Poland?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)