|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fascinating objects do the two young men sent by Lubonski discover during Easter?
(a) New weapons used by the royal assassins.
(b) Ukrainian Easter eggs.
(c) Venemous frogs specific to Prussia.
(d) Intricately designed golden baskets.
2. Which countries are alarmed by the new constitution introduced by the Seym?
(a) Prussia and Russia.
(b) Russia and Austria.
(c) Poland and Russia.
(d) Austria and Poland.
3. What does Bukowski say is better in Poland than in the Russian bloc?
(b) Living conditions.
4. Who was Ghengis Khan certain to kill when he conquered a village?
(a) The leaders of the village.
(b) All the boys of the village.
(c) Everyone in the village.
(d) All the females of the village.
5. Who goes to Vienna in Jan's place when he is too sick to go?
(a) Lubonski and Pietor.
(b) Jan and Leopold.
(c) Janko and Brat Pietor.
(d) Jan and Janko.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the season at the beginning of the book?
2. Who is the commander of the Turks when the Polish arrive in Vienna?
3. How many days does Barbara's wedding last?
4. Which of his own sons does Lubonski also think should marry?
5. Who looted the tents in Vienna just before nightfall?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Szymon Bukowski's role in the special event the beginning of the book?
2. What color cord does Mustafa wear around his neck and what is its significance?
3. Who is Tytus Bukowski and what is his accomplishment?
4. Who are the Teutonic Knights? Who is their leader when they relocate to northern Poland in 1226?
5. What was the Polish government like in the thirteenth century and why?
6. After the meeting in Chapter 1, who does Bukowski meet and what deal is arranged?
7. Explain how Vuldai becomes a member of the Ghengis Kahn's army.
8. Who asks Poland for help when the Ottoman Empire begins to expand and why?
9. What is the dual purpose of Feliks' and Roman's tour of Poland?
10. Who defeats the Swedes in Poland and how do they do it?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)