|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sides with the reformers, forms a cavalry to help defend Warsaw, but is killed in the war?
2. Where does Bukowski go when the meeting between the Communist Party and and protesters is dismissed?
(a) To Warsaw.
(b) To Castle Bukowski.
(c) To meet Buk's mother.
(d) To Castle Gorka.
3. Where does the Communist government agree to hold discussions with the protesters?
4. Polish king Jan Sobieski is successful in repelling the attacks from which country?
5. What name does Cyprjan when he stops using the name Gorka?
6. Who is the commander of the Turks when the Polish arrive in Vienna?
7. What was the new weapon of the group that invades Poland in July 1655?
(b) Poison dart.
(d) Muzzle loader.
8. Who refuses to agree with the condemnation of Poland by signing a false document?
(b) The bishop.
(d) The Teutonic Knights.
9. What is the season at the beginning of the book?
10. How long does the 1788 session of the Seym last?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 4 months.
11. What color cord does the Turkish commander wear around his neck when the Polish arrive in Vienna?
12. How many people barricade themselves in a church to avoid the Mongol attack?
13. What are the Granickis?
(a) Royal assassins.
(b) A Polish family.
(c) Venemous frogs.
(d) Special knights at the queen's service.
14. Who is Lubonski sending two young men to visit?
(a) Various families.
(b) The King.
(c) Catherine the Great.
(d) The Baron.
15. Who flees when the Mongols approach Krakow?
(a) The prince.
(b) The bishop.
(c) The queen.
(d) The duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the spies watching the Teutonic Knights buy that gets them arrested.
2. After Kahn's death, who is sent to conquer Poland, Hungary and Russia?
3. Who provides medical services to Christian soldiers?
4. Who feels Mustafa is wrong in coming to Vienna?
5. Who is holding a banquet for his daughter at Castle Gorka in Chapter 4?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)