|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barbara have to bake as part of her wedding ritual?
2. How many people barricade themselves in a church to avoid the Mongol attack?
3. Who was Ghengis Khan certain to kill when he conquered a village?
(a) The leaders of the village.
(b) Everyone in the village.
(c) All the females of the village.
(d) All the boys of the village.
4. At the meeting between the Communist Party and the protesters, what do Buk and Bykowski find that they have a common?
(a) An ancestor.
(b) Interest in farming.
(c) Hobby of painting.
(d) Love of books.
5. What do the people who barricaded themselves in a church to avoid the Mongol attack do after surviving the attack?
(a) Harass the Mongols.
(b) Hide from the Tartars, too.
(c) Challenge the Mongols.
(d) Follow the Mongols to fight the Tartars.
6. Polish king Jan Sobieski is successful in repelling the attacks from which country?
7. What does Bukowski say is better in Poland than in the Russian bloc?
(b) Living conditions.
8. What are the Granickis?
(a) Special knights at the queen's service.
(b) A Polish family.
(c) Royal assassins.
(d) Venemous frogs.
9. Which countries are alarmed by the new constitution introduced by the Seym?
(a) Austria and Poland.
(b) Russia and Austria.
(c) Prussia and Russia.
(d) Poland and Russia.
10. Who is a potential suitor for Barbara?
(a) Magistrate Cyprjan.
(c) Bishop Lubonski.
11. Who was a liege of Krzysztof?
(a) Zygmunt .
12. Who is the son of Tytus who had been killed by the Poles.
13. Who does Hedwig's husband send to spy on the Teutonic Knights?
(a) Their son and daughter.
(b) Pawel and Janko.
(c) The court jester.
(d) A special agent.
14. Which of his own sons does Lubonski also think should marry?
15. What name does Cyprjan when he stops using the name Gorka?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the two young men sent by Lubonski during Easter?
2. When were the Ghengis Khan raids that are discussed in Chapter 2?
3. Who had dreams of marrying Catherine but was rebuffed?
4. Whose tents were looted before nightfall in Vienna?
5. Who feels Mustafa is wrong in coming to Vienna?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)