|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hedwig's husband send to spy on the Teutonic Knights?
(a) A special agent.
(b) The court jester.
(c) Their son and daughter.
(d) Pawel and Janko.
2. Who is Lubonski sending two young men to visit?
(a) The King.
(b) Catherine the Great.
(c) Various families.
(d) The Baron.
3. Who becomes close to Lumbomirska because the old woman spent weeks teaching him about Polish society?
4. Who does Hedwig marry?
5. Who is the son of Tytus who had been killed by the Poles.
6. Who won the battle against the Teutonic Knights for Poland?
(a) Ghengis Khan.
(b) Polish peasants.
(c) The Tartars.
(d) The dwarf army.
7. When does the Polish army arrive to aid other countries during their 1683 fighting?
(a) In August.
(b) In July.
(c) In March.
(d) In September.
8. Polish king Jan Sobieski is successful in repelling the attacks from which country?
9. What becomes of the Tartars that survive Khan's attack?
(a) They were re-educated and trained to fight for Khan.
(b) They are scapled.
(c) They are enslaved for household duties.
(d) They become farmers.
10. The Tartars agree to help Poland in its war against the Teutonic Knights as long as they are allowed to do what?
(a) Scalp victims.
(d) Create shallow graves.
11. Who was Ghengis Khan certain to kill when he conquered a village?
(a) All the boys of the village.
(b) Everyone in the village.
(c) The leaders of the village.
(d) All the females of the village.
12. How many days does Barbara's wedding last?
13. In what year does the story begin?
14. How many days of dancing do the two young men sent by Lubonski enjoy at Polz?
15. How long does the 1788 session of the Seym last?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 4 hours.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 4 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Polish parliament called?
2. Who provides medical services to Christian soldiers?
3. Who feels Mustafa is wrong in coming to Vienna?
4. In what year does Hedwig inherit the Polish throne?
5. Count Lubonski decides it is time that inheritor of which estate to marry?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)