|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes of the Tartars that survive Khan's attack?
(a) They become farmers.
(b) They were re-educated and trained to fight for Khan.
(c) They are scapled.
(d) They are enslaved for household duties.
2. Who is a potential suitor for Barbara?
(a) Magistrate Cyprjan.
(d) Bishop Lubonski.
3. When Turkey and the Ottoman Empire begIn to expand in 1683, who does Germany, France, the Papal States, Hungary and Austria ask for help?
(c) The United States.
4. Who refuses to agree with the condemnation of Poland by signing a false document?
(c) The bishop.
(d) The Teutonic Knights.
5. Where does Bukowski go when the meeting between the Communist Party and and protesters is dismissed?
(a) To Warsaw.
(b) To meet Buk's mother.
(c) To Castle Gorka.
(d) To Castle Bukowski.
6. Count Lubonski decides it is time that inheritor of which estate to marry?
7. What does Bukowski say is better in Poland than in the Russian bloc?
(c) Living conditions.
8. What do the people who barricaded themselves in a church to avoid the Mongol attack do after surviving the attack?
(a) Follow the Mongols to fight the Tartars.
(b) Harass the Mongols.
(c) Hide from the Tartars, too.
(d) Challenge the Mongols.
9. Who is the son of Tytus who had been killed by the Poles.
10. Who was Ghengis Khan certain to kill when he conquered a village?
(a) All the females of the village.
(b) All the boys of the village.
(c) The leaders of the village.
(d) Everyone in the village.
11. When were the Ghengis Khan raids that are discussed in Chapter 2?
12. What does Barbara have to bake as part of her wedding ritual?
13. What was the new weapon of the group that invades Poland in July 1655?
(a) Muzzle loader.
(c) Poison dart.
14. At the meeting between the Communist Party and the protesters, what do Buk and Bykowski find that they have a common?
(a) Love of books.
(b) Interest in farming.
(c) An ancestor.
(d) Hobby of painting.
15. What kind of policy movement does Buk protest?
(d) City government.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of his own sons does Lubonski also think should marry?
2. Polish king Jan Sobieski is successful in repelling the attacks from which country?
3. What are the Granickis?
4. Who had dreams of marrying Catherine but was rebuffed?
5. Who won the battle against the Teutonic Knights for Poland?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)