|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, pgs. 95-137.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Communist government agree to hold discussions with the protesters?
2. How does Ghengis Khan finally defeat the Tartars?
(a) He tricks them into surrender.
(b) He has all the men killed.
(c) He marries into their head family.
(d) He has all the adults killed.
3. What do the people who barricaded themselves in a church to avoid the Mongol attack do after surviving the attack?
(a) Hide from the Tartars, too.
(b) Harass the Mongols.
(c) Challenge the Mongols.
(d) Follow the Mongols to fight the Tartars.
4. Who runs to the village announcing the arrival of the Mongols in 1241?
5. What becomes of the Tartars that survive Khan's attack?
(a) They were re-educated and trained to fight for Khan.
(b) They are enslaved for household duties.
(c) They are scapled.
(d) They become farmers.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Tartars agree to help Poland in its war against the Teutonic Knights as long as they are allowed to do what?
2. When were the Ghengis Khan raids that are discussed in Chapter 2?
3. Where do many Communist dignitaries vacation or hold meetings?
4. What does Bukowski say is better in Poland than in the Russian bloc?
5. To whom do the reporters at the meeting between the Communist Party and protesters wish to speak?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)