|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, pgs. 138-184.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new staples were brought home to Poland a result of the war in Vienna?
(a) Baklava and honey.
(b) Spaghetti sauce and pizza.
(c) Pickles and kraut.
(d) Coffee and potatoes.
2. What is the Polish parliament called?
(d) The Seym.
3. From which country does Hedwig's groom hail?
4. Who is holding a banquet for his daughter at Castle Gorka in Chapter 4?
(a) Bishop Lubonski.
(b) The American Ambassador.
(d) Magistrate Cyprjan.
5. Who invades Poland in July 1655?
(a) The Swedes.
(b) The Tartars.
(c) The Mongols.
(d) The Germans.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Hedwig when she inherits the Polish throne?
2. Who is hanged for stealing a rabbit?
3. How does Ghengis Khan finally defeat the Tartars?
4. What kind of necklace does one of her Mniszech relatives place on Barbara to wear at the banquet?
5. Who refuses to agree with the condemnation of Poland by signing a false document?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)