|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which is not among the group of people met by Poirot at Scotland Yard?
2. Where is the Metropolitan Music Hall located?
(a) High Street.
(b) Kellet Drive.
(c) Edgeware Road.
(d) Charing Cross.
3. What item was found coating the slides on the drawer containing the necklace in the woman's room?
(a) Cooking oil.
(c) French chalk.
4. Who is Mr. Tosswill?
(c) British Museum official.
5. Who had just made a phone call to the doctor's residence?
Short Answer Questions
1. Davenheim had traveled to which country the previous autumn?
2. What type of crime was attempted against the Prime Minister at that time?
3. Where was the upcoming event scheduled to be held?
4. Which of the following was not among the items stolen from Davenheim?
5. Where is the Grand Metropolitan located?
Short Essay Questions
1. Captain Daniels had been found by the police. Where was Daniels and in what condition was the Captain?
2. What happens to cause the woman a great deal of emotional distress?
3. What happens when Poirot, Captain Hastings and Dr. Hawker arrive at Count Foscatini's place?
4. What is the crux of the case Poirot takes on in "The Adventure of the Egyptian Tomb?"
5. The case involves an incident at Davenheim's bank. What happened and what was taken?
6. Captain Hastings and Poirot decide to take a short trip to get a change of scenery. Where do they go and what is the first thing they do upon arrival?
7. What happens in the opening scene of the story? Who visits Poirot?
8. In addition to needing to know the truth about her husband's death, what other reason does Lady Williard have for wanting answers?
9. Poirot verifies the deaths with Dr. Ames, physician at the tomb's excavation. What were the causes of death?
10. What actually happened to the Prime Minister? Who was responsible?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)