|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the doctor's housekeeper?
2. What type of poison was being discussed by Poirot and Hastings?
(b) Sulphuric acid.
3. On what day of the week did Davenheim disappear?
4. What was the name of the place where the Prime Minister was being kept?
(a) Charing Cross.
5. What item does the wife want to show to Poirot and Hastings?
(d) Tennis bracelet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the surnames of Daniels' two aunts?
2. Where does Poirot go after he and Hastings leave the Grand Metropolitan?
3. What item was found in the French maid's bed?
4. Where is the Metropolitan Music Hall located?
5. Which is not among the group of people met by Poirot at Scotland Yard?
Short Essay Questions
1. Captain Hastings and Poirot decide to take a short trip to get a change of scenery. Where do they go and what is the first thing they do upon arrival?
2. Who approaches Poirot and Hastings while they are talking about peace negotiations? Who is the main character in the discussion?
3. Captain Daniels had been found by the police. Where was Daniels and in what condition was the Captain?
4. What happens in the opening scene of the story? Who visits Poirot?
5. Poirot verifies the deaths with Dr. Ames, physician at the tomb's excavation. What were the causes of death?
6. What actually happened to the Prime Minister? Who was responsible?
7. What seems to be the most difficult part of the trip for Poirot?
8. What is the crux of the case Poirot takes on in "The Adventure of the Egyptian Tomb?"
9. In addition to needing to know the truth about her husband's death, what other reason does Lady Williard have for wanting answers?
10. How do Poirot and Hastings learn about the official cause of the most recent victim? Who gave the men the news?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)