|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the most recent victim in the story?
2. What type of poison was being discussed by Poirot and Hastings?
(c) Sulphuric acid.
3. Where is the Metropolitan Music Hall located?
(a) Charing Cross.
(b) High Street.
(c) Edgeware Road.
(d) Kellet Drive.
4. What item was found coating the slides on the drawer containing the necklace in the woman's room?
(a) Cooking oil.
(b) French chalk.
5. Which one of the following is not listed as being one of the items left on the table?
(b) Rice pudding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the doctor's housekeeper?
2. What kind of chemical was used to subdue Daniels during the kidnapping?
3. What was the name of the man who committed suicide in New York?
4. The Prime Minister was scheduled to drive to which location after leaving London?
5. Which character died of heart failure during the excavation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the occurrence that happened the night before the scheduled trip.
2. What is unusual about Poirot's initial thoughts on the case?
3. Who approaches Poirot and Hastings while they are talking about peace negotiations? Who is the main character in the discussion?
4. Who is the first couple Poirot and Hastings meet? The woman is the proud owner of what kind of items?
5. What was Poirot's conclusion about the theft and who committed the crime?
6. What information does Poirot learn about Daniels? Which family members are included in the information?
7. What is one of the first thoughts that crosses Poirot's mind while observing the hotel guests?
8. What is Poirot's theory on how the crime occurred? Who was responsible?
9. The case involves an incident at Davenheim's bank. What happened and what was taken?
10. What actually happened to the Prime Minister? Who was responsible?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)