|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of poison was being discussed by Poirot and Hastings?
(a) Sulphuric acid.
2. Where does Poirot go after he and Hastings leave the Grand Metropolitan?
3. Who was the most recent victim in the story?
4. Davenheim had traveled to which country the previous autumn?
5. Which character died from heart poisoning only two weeks later?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of year is it when the case takes place?
2. What was the name of the town where the incident was reported by the chauffeur and Prime Minister?
3. What is found in the dead man's right hand?
4. Who is Mr. Tosswill?
5. What are the surnames of Daniels' two aunts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Poirot, Captain Hastings and Dr. Hawker arrive at Count Foscatini's place?
2. What actually happened to the Prime Minister? Who was responsible?
3. The two men ask Poirot to help find the Prime Minister who has been kidnapped. Where was the Prime Minister going when the kidnapping occurred? What was the original travel plan?
4. Where did the maid go when she left the room with the chambermaid inside?
5. What seems to be the most difficult part of the trip for Poirot?
6. What information does Poirot learn about Daniels? Which family members are included in the information?
7. What actions did Davenheim/Kellet take to keep the police and others from searching for him after the robbery?
8. Poirot verifies the deaths with Dr. Ames, physician at the tomb's excavation. What were the causes of death?
9. What happens to cause the woman a great deal of emotional distress?
10. What is Poirot's theory on how the crime occurred? Who was responsible?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)