|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had the apartment been rented out according to the porter?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 5 months.
2. Poirot interviews the visitor and uses what kind of questioning to learn about hidden information?
3. Who is found sneaking into the cheap flat at midnight?
(a) Chinese woman.
(d) Italian man.
4. What was the first name of the victim?
5. In what city was the flat located?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the woman think she saw that caused her to be so frightened?
2. Which character turns up missing shortly after speaking with the inspector?
3. The woman and her husband fear the arrival of which of the following?
4. The vehicle had a special name. What was it?
5. What is the name of the female character's husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the character that approaches Poirot and Hastings in the beginning of the story? How is the woman described?
2. What event traumatizes Mrs. Maltraverse? What happens shortly after the event takes place?
3. What is the purpose of the visit to Poirot?
4. Who is the woman seen on the street by Poirot and his companion? Why is she known to Poirot?
5. What is the purpose of Mary Marvell's visit to Poirot? What does the woman bring to show Poirot?
6. How were the bonds secured to prevent theft? What special precaution was taken?
7. What happens when the police attempt to find the housekeeper? What is Poirot's conclusion?
8. What is the first step in investigating the case for Poirot and Hastings?
9. Who was the victim of the crime? Where did the crime take place?
10. What disturbing news does Poirot receive regarding a theft? Who is the main suspect?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)