|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city was the flat located?
2. Who was in possession of the items when they were stolen?
3. What does the woman do for a living? Why is the woman famous?
(a) The woman is a movie star.
(b) The woman is a reporter.
(c) The woman is a member of Parliament.
(d) The woman is a known spy.
4. In the beginning of the story Poirot is recovering from what ailment?
(a) Sprained ankle.
5. What was the name of the building in which the flat was located?
(a) Wilshire House.
(b) Montgomery Manor.
(c) Montagu Mansions.
(d) Marsdon Leigh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the suspect's first name?
2. Poirot and the husband also meet two men at the hotel. Which agency did the two men represent?
3. Where did the man work? What was his position?
4. What is the name of the town in which the Manor is located?
5. What is the woman's unusual first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strikes Poirot as peculiar regarding the new tenants?
2. What event traumatizes Mrs. Maltraverse? What happens shortly after the event takes place?
3. What is the condition of Poirot when he receives a visitor? Who is the visitor?
4. Who finds out about the cheap flat? Who supplies the information? Who is it rented to? Where is it located?
5. What is the purpose of the visit to Poirot?
6. What was the point of the empty package? Who perpetrated the hoax?
7. Captain Hastings meets up with Poirot to find out that the detective is going on a case. What is the case?
8. What is the first step in investigating the case for Poirot and Hastings?
9. At Marsdon Manor Poirot meets Captain Black, a friend of Mr. and Mrs. Maltraverse. What does Poirot learn from Captain Black in regards to Maltraverse's death?
10. What item is in the possession of Lady Yardly and how does it relate to Miss Marvell's item?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)