|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first name of the new client?
2. Where did the man work? What was his position?
(a) Owner of Arcangel Antiques.
(b) Store manager of Tiffany and Company.
(c) Manager at London and Scottish Bank.
(d) Vice President of Harrod's.
3. What is the name of the murdered person?
4. Who was waiting outside for Poirot to solve the case?
5. What company is Poirot going to be affiliated with in the story?
(a) Machester Armed Guard Services.
(b) Hastings Company.
(c) Northern Union Insurance Company.
(d) Marsdon Manor.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where were the documents stolen?
2. Poirot and the husband also meet two men at the hotel. Which agency did the two men represent?
3. In what city was the flat located?
4. Who confesses to the murder of Mr. Maltraverse?
5. Karma played a hand when the murderers died at the end of the story. How did they die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the condition of Poirot when he receives a visitor? Who is the visitor?
2. What is the purpose of Mary Marvell's visit to Poirot? What does the woman bring to show Poirot?
3. What is the crux of the case the woman wants Poirot to investigate? Who and what are involved?
4. Why were the Robinsons considered to be perfect as the new tenants?
5. What item is in the possession of Lady Yardly and how does it relate to Miss Marvell's item?
6. Who visits Hastings in Poirot's absence? What is strange about the encounter?
7. What is the purpose of the visit to Poirot?
8. What two occurrences are scheduled to take place on the same day?
9. What disturbing news does Poirot receive regarding a theft? Who is the main suspect?
10. What strikes Poirot as peculiar regarding the new tenants?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)