|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is found sneaking into the cheap flat at midnight?
(a) Italian man.
(d) Chinese woman.
2. Who informs Hastings about the cheap flat?
3. In the beginning of the story Poirot is recovering from what ailment?
(b) Sprained ankle.
4. Which character turns up missing shortly after speaking with the inspector?
5. What is the name of the murdered person?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do police find the missing murder weapon?
2. Who was visiting Marsdon Manor when Poirot arrived?
3. Which member of the police is present to take the statement?
4. What is the woman's unusual first name?
5. Where did the man work? What was his position?
Short Essay Questions
1. What disturbing news does Poirot receive regarding a theft? Who is the main suspect?
2. What two occurrences are scheduled to take place on the same day?
3. At Marsdon Manor Poirot meets Captain Black, a friend of Mr. and Mrs. Maltraverse. What does Poirot learn from Captain Black in regards to Maltraverse's death?
4. Why is Poirot sent to investigate the rental of an unusually cheap flat?
5. What happens when the police attempt to find the housekeeper? What is Poirot's conclusion?
6. Who is the woman seen on the street by Poirot and his companion? Why is she known to Poirot?
7. What happens when Hastings and Havering reach Hunter's Lodge? What story is told to Hastings?
8. What is the condition of Poirot when he receives a visitor? Who is the visitor?
9. How were the bonds secured to prevent theft? What special precaution was taken?
10. Who is the character that approaches Poirot and Hastings in the beginning of the story? How is the woman described?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)