|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the man who committed suicide in New York?
2. Who was found bound at the scene of the kidnapping?
(b) Aide de Camp.
(d) Secretary of Defense.
3. Poirot sent the would-be evidence from the couple's room to which location?
(a) Queen's Guard.
(b) Scotland Yard.
(c) Special Branch.
(d) Metropolitan Police.
4. What time of day did Davenheim set off on his journey?
5. What mistake did the thieves make at the scene of the crime?
(a) Blaming each other.
(b) Leaving fingerprints on the door.
(c) Not cleaning up dust.
(d) Leaving town.
6. Who has become suspicious of the deaths and has hired Poirot to investigate the case?
(a) Lady Williard.
(b) Lydia Tosswill.
(c) Esmee Hardt.
(d) Baroness Harper.
7. Davenheim had traveled to which country the previous autumn?
8. Which Williard is still on the scene of the excavation when Poirot arrives?
9. What was the name of the military officer that was accompanying the Prime Minister at the time of the kidnapping?
10. What item is given to Poirot with the hopes of poisoning the great detective?
(d) Poisoned bread.
11. What item does the wife want to show to Poirot and Hastings?
(a) Tennis bracelet.
12. Where was the Prime Minister shot and grazed by a bullet?
13. What type of poison was being discussed by Poirot and Hastings?
(a) Sulphuric acid.
14. What is the surname of the Prime Minister?
15. What type of crime was attempted against the Prime Minister at that time?
(a) Framing him for murder.
(d) A coup.
Short Answer Questions
1. The missing car was found beside a restaurant in what neighborhood?
2. Working on a hunch Poirot tricks the would-be thieves into giving up what item?
3. Which character died of heart failure during the excavation?
4. Who was Bleibner's uncle?
5. What does the god symbolize to the Egyptians?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)