|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The new tenant is afraid that the low price might indicate which of the following?
(a) House is haunted.
(b) Neighbors are noisy.
(c) There are rats.
(d) There is trouble with the roof.
2. The vehicle had a special name. What was it?
3. What distinguishing feature/possession did the alleged murderer have?
(a) Black beard.
(b) Scar on left cheek.
(c) Long trench coat.
(d) Dark glasses.
4. Who confesses to the murder of Mr. Maltraverse?
(a) Mrs. Maltraverse.
5. Who joins Poirot in investigating the case?
(a) Scottish Guard.
(b) London Police.
(d) Scotland Yard.
6. Where was the main suspect killed?
(c) New York.
7. Where do police find the missing murder weapon?
8. Where is the woman when she is spotted by the men in the hotel?
(a) In a car.
(b) In a restaurant.
(c) By the pool.
(d) On the street.
9. How long had the apartment been rented out according to the porter?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 3 months.
10. From where were the documents stolen?
(a) American government.
(b) Indian consulate.
(c) British embassy.
(d) Poirot's study.
11. From whom was the Western Star purchased?
(a) Chinese man.
(b) Boy on the street.
(c) Phony society organization.
(d) Antique dealer.
12. What supposedly killed the man?
(a) Gastric ulcer.
(c) Heart attack.
13. What is the name of the female character's husband?
14. Where did the man work? What was his position?
(a) Vice President of Harrod's.
(b) Store manager of Tiffany and Company.
(c) Owner of Arcangel Antiques.
(d) Manager at London and Scottish Bank.
15. Who is the main suspect in the theft of the documents?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the couple that rented the cheap flat?
2. Who owns Hunter's Lodge?
3. When the man approached the group, what was on his face?
4. Who is found sneaking into the cheap flat at midnight?
5. Where were the goods stored until they were stolen?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)