|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman bring with her when she visits Poirot at the hotel?
(a) A baby.
(b) Gold coins.
(c) Greetings from home.
(d) Threatening letters.
2. When the man approached the group, what was on his face?
3. What is the first name of the client's wife?
4. What is the name of the person who visits Poirot to ask for help?
5. What is the surname of Poirot's friend in "The Adventure of the Western Star?"
6. What is broken when there is a loud commotion and crash from outside the room?
(d) Tea cup.
7. In the beginning of the story Poirot is recovering from what ailment?
(a) Sprained ankle.
8. Which character had a duplicate key all along but pretended to be sick?
9. The woman asks for Poirot's help in finding stolen goods. What was stolen?
(a) Gold coins.
(b) Rare books.
10. What is the name of the other man who entrusted the character with the goods?
11. What is the surname of the suspect's girlfriend and partner in crime?
12. Who sent the person to break into the cheap flat late at night?
(a) Tenant's brother.
13. Who informs Hastings about the cheap flat?
14. Who joins Poirot in investigating the case?
(a) London Police.
(b) Scottish Guard.
(c) Scotland Yard.
15. Where do police find the missing murder weapon?
Short Answer Questions
1. Poirot interviews the visitor and uses what kind of questioning to learn about hidden information?
2. How long had the apartment been rented out according to the porter?
3. In how many days is the dreaded thing set to arrive according to the husband and wife?
4. A special item was purchased to ensure the safety of the item during the trip. Who supplied the safety item?
5. What was the name of the building in which the flat was located?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)