Short Essay Questions Key
1. How does Aristotle differentiate the arts from one another?
2. Based on Section I of Aristotle's "Poetics", how is the medium specific to poetry similar to and different from prose?
3. Aristotle explains that the object which poetry portrays is men in action. How may poets differ in how they represent these men?
4. According to Aristotle, how does the method of imitation differ?
5. What are two reasons Aristotle says that men are drawn to write poetry?
6. According to Aristotle, different types of poetry emerge from the personalities of different types of men. What are two examples Aristotle gives in relationship to personality of men and types of poetry?
7. How does Aristotle define comedy as a type of poetry?
8. How does Aristotle define tragedy as a type of poetry?
9. What does Aristotle say about plot in tragedy?
10. What does Aristotle say about the the beginning and end of a tragic plot?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)