|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pnin take Victor after picking him up from the train station?
(a) To a movie.
(b) To his home.
(c) To the college.
(d) To dinner.
2. After everyone leaves Pnin's housewarming, what does he immediately begin to do?
(a) Call Victor.
(c) Wash dishes.
(d) Take a bath.
3. At the party in Chapter 5, what book does Pnin end up getting into an argument with Bolotov over?
(a) "Crime and Punishment".
(b) "Call of the Wild".
(c) "Pride and Prejudice".
(d) 'Anna Karenina'.
4. In Chapter 4, what is the nature of Victor and Pnin's conversation during dinner?
(a) No conversation.
(d) Somewhat strained.
5. What does Victor smell and hear at his school?
(a) Smells of chalk, ringing of whistles, and cries of children wanting to go home.
(b) Smells of incense, clanging of bells, and cries of children playing at recess.
(c) Smells of peppermint gum, banging of rulers, and whistling of the students.
(d) Smells of old shoes, snapping of fingers, and laughter of children.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the party in Chapter 5, what type of game do the guests play after dinner?
2. Why did Liza decide to send Victor to a particular school in Chapter 4?
3. At the party in Chapter 5, who quickly changes the subject when Bolotov and Pnin begin to argue?
4. In Chapter 5, whom does Pnin wish could have been there to meet the artist at the party?
5. Who runs the school that Victor attends?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are some of the people that Pnin invites to his housewarming party in Chapter 6?
2. Who is Al Cook's wife and why do they not have children?
3. What does Pnin give to Victor during their first meeting?
4. How popular are Pnin's classes and how stable is his teaching position?
5. Where is Pnin living in Chapter 6 and how does he feel about it?
6. What does Victor Wind fantasize about during school?
7. Where is the cabin located that Pnin is headed to at beginning of Chapter 5, and why is he going there?
8. What happens to Pnin while traveling to the cabin in Chapter 5?
9. Who runs St. Bartholomew's? Describe in detail.
10. Who is the artist that Pnin meets while going for a swim in the lake, and what does Pnin wish after meeting him?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)