|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Victor learn of Pnin's existence?
(a) When he is a little boy.
(b) He found a letter that Pnin had written his mother two years before.
(c) Not until his parent's marriage has dissolved.
(d) He found his mom and Pnin's wedding picture the year before.
2. In Chapter 5, who is the host of the party at the cabin?
(a) Alexandr Petrovich Kukolnikov.
(b) Laurence Clements.
(c) Oleg Komarov.
(d) Pyotr Dostoevsky.
3. What is one of the chief attractions of the party at the cabin?
(a) The reservoir.
(b) The river.
(c) The lake.
(d) The brook.
4. What war is America in the midst of in Chapter 6?
(a) None of the answers is correct
(b) World War II.
(c) The Cold War.
(d) Vietnam War.
5. In Chapter 6, who has Pnin found a permanent housing solution from?
(a) A relative of his old landlords, the Clementses.
(b) Al Cook.
(c) Professor Chateau.
(d) A relative of his old landlords, the Sheppards.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the party in Chapter 5, how old are most of the women?
2. What is it about Victor that troubles his parents?
3. Before leaving Pnin's housewarming party, who tells him that he will probably lose his job at the college?
4. In Chapter 4, what does Pnin buy Victor in preparation for his visit?
5. What does Victor, the son of Liza Wind, fantasize about to escape the boredom of his everyday life at school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Victor's art teacher, Lake.
2. What does Victor Wind fantasize about during school?
3. Who runs St. Bartholomew's? Describe in detail.
4. Why might Pnin's teaching position be in jeopardy at the college?
5. What does Pnin give to Victor during their first meeting?
6. Where is Pnin living in Chapter 6 and how does he feel about it?
7. Who is the artist that Pnin meets while going for a swim in the lake, and what does Pnin wish after meeting him?
8. Who is Al Cook's wife and why do they not have children?
9. Who are some of the people that Pnin invites to his housewarming party in Chapter 6?
10. What are the ages of the men and women who are at the party in comparison to Pnin?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)