|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what university does Pnin learn his friend tried to get him a position at?
2. What is the name of the school that Victor attends?
(a) St. Thomas's.
(b) St. Marcus's.
(c) St. Bart's.
(d) St. Lucas's.
3. For many years, what language have students not been particularly interested in learning?
4. Why does Pnin not use the detailed directions that were given to him to get to the cabin?
(a) He wants to use his new map.
(b) He doesn't trust the person who gave him the directions.
(c) He decides to forgo them in favor of the advice of a local.
(d) He wants to find the cabin by himself.
5. In Chapter 5, why does the artist who Pnin meets not being incredibly social?
(a) She is painting.
(b) She is trying to eat.
(c) He is painting.
(d) He is trying to eat.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, who is the host of the party at the cabin?
2. In Chapter 5, whom does Pnin run into while getting ready to go for a swim?
3. How old is Victor in Chapter 4?
4. What is it about Victor that troubles his parents?
5. Who arrives early to the housewarming party to assist Pnin with the preparations?
Short Essay Questions
1. How popular are Pnin's classes and how stable is his teaching position?
2. What does Pnin give to Victor during their first meeting?
3. What are a few examples of what the students at Waindell College do at the beginning of every year?
4. What do Roza Shpolyanski and Pnin talk about at the party in Chapter 5?
5. How do Dr. Wind and Liza feel about their son?
6. Why does Liza decide to send Victor to school at St. Bartholomew's?
7. Why is Pnin somewhat sad after visiting with Betty Bliss?
8. Where is the cabin located that Pnin is headed to at beginning of Chapter 5, and why is he going there?
9. Who is the artist that Pnin meets while going for a swim in the lake, and what does Pnin wish after meeting him?
10. Why might Pnin's teaching position be in jeopardy at the college?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)