|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After everyone leaves Pnin's housewarming, what does he immediately begin to do?
(a) Call Victor.
(b) Take a bath.
(d) Wash dishes.
2. In Chapter 6, whom does Pnin invite over for a housewarming party?
(a) Hagen, the Clementses, Betty Bliss, and the Thayers.
(b) The Thayers, Gramineev, Varvara, and the Shpolyanskis.
(c) Betty Bliss, Al Cook, Varvara, and Hagen.
(d) Professor Chateau, Al Cook, Susan, and the Clementses.
3. In Chapter 4, what is the nature of Victor and Pnin's conversation during dinner?
(a) No conversation.
(d) Somewhat strained.
4. In Chapter 5, whom does Pnin meet at the cabin who is an artist?
5. At the party in Chapter 5, what do the guests have for dinner?
(a) Traditional German food.
(b) Traditional Polish food.
(c) Traditional Russian food.
(d) Traditional French food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the chief attractions of the party at the cabin?
2. In Chapter 6, who will replace Pnin's friend as department head?
3. In Chapter 6, why there are only a few people at the housewarming party?
4. When does Victor learn of Pnin's existence?
5. What is it about Victor that troubles his parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened with Dr. Eric Wind and Liza in Chapter 4?
2. Why might Pnin's teaching position be in jeopardy at the college?
3. What does Victor Wind fantasize about during school?
4. What happens to Pnin while traveling to the cabin in Chapter 5?
5. Who are some of the people that Pnin invites to his housewarming party in Chapter 6?
6. What are the ages of the men and women who are at the party in comparison to Pnin?
7. Who runs St. Bartholomew's? Describe in detail.
8. Who are a few of the people who are attending the party in Chapter 5 with whom Pnin is acquainted?
9. Where is the cabin located that Pnin is headed to at beginning of Chapter 5, and why is he going there?
10. Why does Liza decide to send Victor to school at St. Bartholomew's?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)