|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Victor show a lot of talent in, which for some reason worries his parents?
(a) Artistic talent.
(b) Culinary talent.
(c) Acting talent.
(d) Athletic talent.
2. In Chapter 4, what does Pnin buy Victor in preparation for his visit?
(a) A football and a novel by Jack London.
(b) A volleyball and a novel by Jane Austen.
(c) A basketball and a novel by Mark Twain.
(d) A baseball and a novel by Ernest Hemmingway.
3. Pnin does not have tenure yet. How does his position at the college still exist?
(a) By virtue of being attached to the French Department.
(b) By virtue of being attached to the Russian Department.
(c) By virtue of being attached to the German Department.
(d) By virtue of being attached to the Polish Department.
4. At the end of Chapter 6, what does Pnin drop onto a pile of dishes?
(a) A nutcracker.
(b) A hammer.
(c) A book.
(d) A golf ball.
5. At the party in Chapter 5, who is the other man, beside Pnin, that is also considered a youngster?
(a) Eric Wind.
(b) Professor Chateau.
(c) Laurence Clements.
(d) Oleg Komarov.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what country is the department head's replacement from?
2. In Chapter 6, what do pranksters vandalize in the humanities building?
3. Pnin and Victor had already been corresponding, what does Victor think of Pnin from his letters?
4. What is it about Victor that troubles his parents?
5. In Chapter 5, whom does Pnin wish could have been there to meet the artist at the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Victor.
2. Where is Pnin living in Chapter 6 and how does he feel about it?
3. Describe Victor's art teacher, Lake.
4. Who is Al Cook's wife and why do they not have children?
5. Who are a few of the people who are attending the party in Chapter 5 with whom Pnin is acquainted?
6. Who are some of the people that Pnin invites to his housewarming party in Chapter 6?
7. Why might Pnin's teaching position be in jeopardy at the college?
8. Who runs St. Bartholomew's? Describe in detail.
9. What do Roza Shpolyanski and Pnin talk about at the party in Chapter 5?
10. How popular are Pnin's classes and how stable is his teaching position?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)