|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Pnin usually stay at the places he rents?
(a) Half a semester.
(b) One year.
(c) No longer than a semester.
(d) Two years.
2. What city did Pnin end up in 1919?
3. In Chapter 3, which poet's poem does Pnin discuss concerning the uncertainty of death?
4. Of what language is Pnin a professor?
5. In Chapter 2, whom does Mrs. Clements invite Pnin to meet which he declines?
(a) Professor Wind.
(b) Professor Entwistle.
(c) Professor Thayer.
(d) Professor Bliss.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would Pnin be described when he is drunk?
2. What does Pnin like to put in the Clementses' washing machine?
3. What brings Pnin to tears at the end of Chapter 3?
4. In what year did Pnin leave his home country?
5. What does Pnin use in Chapter 1 that is five years old and, therefore, obsolete?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Pnin a professor at in Chapter 1?
2. Why has Pnin always been a constant mover?
3. What word does Pnin look up in the dictionary and why?
4. What does Pnin almost encounter when he comes down the stairs during the Clementses' party in Chapter 2?
5. What poem does Pnin discuss with his class in Chapter 3?
6. What happens when Pnin tries to get his suitcase back from the man at the station in Chapter 1?
7. How well does Pnin speak English? Describe in detail.
8. Where is Pnin headed at the beginning of Chapter 1?
9. What does Pnin have a fascination with, like many Russians, that gets him lost?
10. What other people occupy Pnin's coach on the train in Chapter 1?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)