|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, who has Liza left Dr. Wind for and is preparing to marry?
(a) A Frenchman.
(b) An Australian.
(c) A Russian.
(d) An Englishman.
2. At the party in Chapter 5, who quickly changes the subject when Bolotov and Pnin begin to argue?
3. Who runs the school that Victor attends?
(a) A man with a doctorate from Harvard.
(b) A Catholic priest.
(c) An Episcopalian clergyman.
(d) A renowned artist.
4. What does Victor show a lot of talent in, which for some reason worries his parents?
(a) Artistic talent.
(b) Acting talent.
(c) Athletic talent.
(d) Culinary talent.
5. How does the man who runs Victor's school treat the children?
(c) With minimal tolerance.
6. What is the name of Victor's art teacher?
7. In Chapter 5, whom does Pnin meet at the cabin who is an artist?
8. In Chapter 6, who will replace Pnin's friend as department head?
(a) Dr. Chateau.
(b) Dr. Hagen.
(c) Dr. Kukolnikov.
(d) Dr. Falternfels.
9. What is it about Victor that troubles his parents?
(a) He is peculiar; he is an exceptionally easy child.
(b) He is always angry and they don't know why.
(c) He gets into trouble a lot at school.
(d) He never talks and is very distant.
10. When does Victor go to visit Pnin in Chapter 4?
(a) His school break.
(b) He fakes sick and then sneaks off.
(c) He cuts class.
(d) Over the Christmas holiday.
11. Victor is happy about the book that Pnin picked out for him. Whom does he mistake its author for?
(b) Jack London.
(c) Jane Austen.
(d) Ernest Hemmingway.
12. In Chapter 5, why do the host of the party and his wife have no children?
(a) The wife is infertile due to some unspecified surgical complication.
(b) The husband is infertile.
(c) They did not want any children.
(d) The wife had cancer and is now infertile.
13. In Chapter 6, where has Pnin's friend, who heads the department his job is attached to, accepted a new post at?
(a) Waindell College.
(b) Seaboard University.
(c) Samson University.
(d) Warsaw University.
14. What does Victor, the son of Liza Wind, fantasize about to escape the boredom of his everyday life at school?
(a) Being the most popular boy in school.
(b) Being the son of some great, though distant, king.
(c) Being a super hero.
(d) Having lots of money.
15. At the party in Chapter 5, what do the guests have for dinner?
(a) Traditional German food.
(b) Traditional French food.
(c) Traditional Polish food.
(d) Traditional Russian food.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pnin take Victor after picking him up from the train station?
2. In Chapter 6, what does Pnin do with his extra time since he doesn't have as many classes to teach?
3. In Chapter 6, how many roommates does Pnin have in the house he is renting?
4. At the party in Chapter 5, how old are most of the women?
5. How old are most of the men attending the party in Chapter 5?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)