|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For many years, what language have students not been particularly interested in learning?
2. Who arrives early to the housewarming party to assist Pnin with the preparations?
(b) Betty Bliss.
(c) Joan Clements.
(d) Al Cook.
3. How old is Victor in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 5, whom is this type of gathering common among?
(a) Polish immigrants.
(b) Russian immigrants.
(c) French immigrants.
(d) German immigrants.
5. In Chapter 6, whom does Pnin invite over for a housewarming party?
(a) Professor Chateau, Al Cook, Susan, and the Clementses.
(b) Hagen, the Clementses, Betty Bliss, and the Thayers.
(c) The Thayers, Gramineev, Varvara, and the Shpolyanskis.
(d) Betty Bliss, Al Cook, Varvara, and Hagen.
6. In Chapter 4, what is the nature of Victor and Pnin's conversation during dinner?
(a) Somewhat strained.
(d) No conversation.
7. How are both of Victor's parents described in Chapter 4 as being?
8. In Chapter 5, when did the host of the party move to America?
(a) After World War II.
(b) After the Vietnam War.
(c) After the Bolshevik revolution.
(d) After World War I.
9. Where does Pnin take Victor after picking him up from the train station?
(a) To a movie.
(b) To dinner.
(c) To his home.
(d) To the college.
10. When does Victor go to visit Pnin in Chapter 4?
(a) Over the Christmas holiday.
(b) His school break.
(c) He fakes sick and then sneaks off.
(d) He cuts class.
11. What is the name of Pnin's friend who heads the department that Pnin's job is attached to?
(a) Professor Hagen.
(b) Professor Clements.
(c) Professor Chateau.
(d) Professor Kukolnikov.
12. In Chapter 6, who will replace Pnin's friend as department head?
(a) Dr. Chateau.
(b) Dr. Falternfels.
(c) Dr. Kukolnikov.
(d) Dr. Hagen.
13. At Pnin's housewarming party, what guest tells him she has become engaged?
(a) Betty Bliss.
14. How old are most of the men attending the party in Chapter 5?
(a) Most in their fifties.
(b) Well into their sixties or older.
(c) Around thirty.
(d) About mid-forties.
15. How does the man who runs Victor's school treat the children?
(a) With minimal tolerance.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, whom does Pnin run into while getting ready to go for a swim?
2. Before leaving Pnin's housewarming party, who tells him that he will probably lose his job at the college?
3. What does Victor show a lot of talent in, which for some reason worries his parents?
4. After everyone leaves Pnin's housewarming, what does he immediately begin to do?
5. What is it about Victor that troubles his parents?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)