|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old are most of the men attending the party in Chapter 5?
(a) Around thirty.
(b) Most in their fifties.
(c) Well into their sixties or older.
(d) About mid-forties.
2. In Chapter 5, whom does Pnin meet at the cabin who is an artist?
3. At the party in Chapter 5, where does Pnin know the other man who is close to his age from?
(a) The University of Prague.
(b) Paris University.
(c) Warsaw University.
(d) University of Berlin.
4. In Chapter 6, how soon before the party does Pnin begin preparing food and drinks?
(a) A day before.
(b) Hours before.
(c) A few minutes before.
(d) A week before.
5. Before leaving Pnin's housewarming party, who tells him that he will probably lose his job at the college?
(a) Laurence Clements.
(b) Professor Chateau.
(c) Al Cook.
6. What war is America in the midst of in Chapter 6?
(a) None of the answers is correct
(b) Vietnam War.
(c) The Cold War.
(d) World War II.
7. In Chapter 4, what does Pnin buy Victor in preparation for his visit?
(a) A volleyball and a novel by Jane Austen.
(b) A basketball and a novel by Mark Twain.
(c) A football and a novel by Jack London.
(d) A baseball and a novel by Ernest Hemmingway.
8. At the party in Chapter 5, what book does Pnin end up getting into an argument with Bolotov over?
(a) 'Anna Karenina'.
(b) "Pride and Prejudice".
(c) "Call of the Wild".
(d) "Crime and Punishment".
9. In Chapter 6, how many roommates does Pnin have in the house he is renting?
10. What is one of the chief attractions of the party at the cabin?
(a) The reservoir.
(b) The lake.
(c) The brook.
(d) The river.
11. When does Victor learn of Pnin's existence?
(a) He found a letter that Pnin had written his mother two years before.
(b) He found his mom and Pnin's wedding picture the year before.
(c) When he is a little boy.
(d) Not until his parent's marriage has dissolved.
12. At the party in Chapter 5, who is the other man, beside Pnin, that is also considered a youngster?
(a) Eric Wind.
(b) Oleg Komarov.
(c) Professor Chateau.
(d) Laurence Clements.
13. After Pnin learns that one of his guests at his party is engaged, what does he wish?
(a) That he might have once courted her.
(b) That he was still with Liza.
(c) That he could be married too.
(d) That he will never have to be married again.
14. At the end of Chapter 6, what does Pnin drop onto a pile of dishes?
(a) A book.
(b) A golf ball.
(c) A nutcracker.
(d) A hammer.
15. What does Victor show a lot of talent in, which for some reason worries his parents?
(a) Culinary talent.
(b) Athletic talent.
(c) Acting talent.
(d) Artistic talent.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, who does Pnin now rent a house from?
2. At the party in Chapter 5, how old are most of the women?
3. How are both of Victor's parents described in Chapter 4 as being?
4. In Chapter 6, how is Pnin feeling about his lack of students this semester?
5. For many years, what language have students not been particularly interested in learning?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)