|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the man who runs Victor's school treat the children?
(d) With minimal tolerance.
2. At the party in Chapter 5, what book does Pnin end up getting into an argument with Bolotov over?
(a) "Pride and Prejudice".
(b) "Call of the Wild".
(c) 'Anna Karenina'.
(d) "Crime and Punishment".
3. Who arrives early to the housewarming party to assist Pnin with the preparations?
(a) Al Cook.
(b) Joan Clements.
(d) Betty Bliss.
4. In Chapter 6, whom does Pnin invite over for a housewarming party?
(a) The Thayers, Gramineev, Varvara, and the Shpolyanskis.
(b) Professor Chateau, Al Cook, Susan, and the Clementses.
(c) Hagen, the Clementses, Betty Bliss, and the Thayers.
(d) Betty Bliss, Al Cook, Varvara, and Hagen.
5. In Chapter 6, what country is the department head's replacement from?
6. At the party in Chapter 5, how old are most of the women?
7. At the party in Chapter 5, what type of game do the guests play after dinner?
8. What war is America in the midst of in Chapter 6?
(a) Vietnam War.
(b) The Cold War.
(c) World War II.
(d) None of the answers is correct
9. In Chapter 6, why there are only a few people at the housewarming party?
(a) Several people declined.
(b) Pnin didn't want a big party.
(c) The flu is going around and many people are sick.
(d) Pnin gave out bad directions to his house.
10. In Chapter 5, whom does Pnin meet at the cabin who is an artist?
11. In Chapter 5, whom is this type of gathering common among?
(a) German immigrants.
(b) Polish immigrants.
(c) Russian immigrants.
(d) French immigrants.
12. What does Victor, the son of Liza Wind, fantasize about to escape the boredom of his everyday life at school?
(a) Being the son of some great, though distant, king.
(b) Having lots of money.
(c) Being a super hero.
(d) Being the most popular boy in school.
13. In Chapter 6, who will replace Pnin's friend as department head?
(a) Dr. Kukolnikov.
(b) Dr. Chateau.
(c) Dr. Falternfels.
(d) Dr. Hagen.
14. At the party in Chapter 5, who quickly changes the subject when Bolotov and Pnin begin to argue?
15. In Chapter 4, what does Pnin buy Victor in preparation for his visit?
(a) A football and a novel by Jack London.
(b) A basketball and a novel by Mark Twain.
(c) A volleyball and a novel by Jane Austen.
(d) A baseball and a novel by Ernest Hemmingway.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, why do the host of the party and his wife have no children?
2. In Chapter, Bolotov is also at the party. What is the name of his wife?
3. In Chapter 5, what do Pnin and the person he runs into before going on a swim talk about?
4. In Chapter 5, what is the actual name that the host of the party goes by?
5. In Chapter 5, where is the cabin that Pnin is headed to located?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)