|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would Pnin's laugh be described?
2. What is it about Victor that troubles his parents?
(a) He never talks and is very distant.
(b) He is peculiar; he is an exceptionally easy child.
(c) He gets into trouble a lot at school.
(d) He is always angry and they don't know why.
3. How does Pnin's class size compare to other classes in the college?
(b) Very large.
4. Why does the staff at Victor's school keep his art teacher around?
(a) Because there is something trendy about having a "distinguished freak" around.
(b) Because he is the son of the dean.
(c) Because he has tenure and cannot be fired.
(d) Because he's an excellent teacher.
5. At Pnin's housewarming party, what guest tells him she has become engaged?
(b) Betty Bliss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the college where Pnin is a professor?
2. At the end of chapter 1, what poem does Pnin recall reciting in front of the entire school when he was a child?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 1, to what town is Pnin headed?
4. How does the fall semester at Pnin's college begin?
5. Who arrives early to the housewarming party to assist Pnin with the preparations?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)