|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How serious is Pnin's condition?
(b) Not terribly serious.
(c) Not serious at all.
(d) Very serious.
2. What does Pnin use in Chapter 1 that is five years old and, therefore, obsolete?
(a) A map.
(b) A book.
(c) A schedule.
(d) A list.
3. How soon after Mrs. Clements tells Pnin he can stay at their house does Pnin arrive?
(a) Two hours later.
(b) A day later.
(c) Ten minutes later.
(d) A half hour later.
4. What does the librarian tell Pnin in Chapter 3 that he refuses to take any responsibility for?
(a) Pnin is adamant that he did not rip one of the pages in the book.
(b) Pnin is adamant that he did not cause water damage to the book.
(c) Pnin discovers that he is the one who requested the book.
(d) Pnin refuses to pay his late fee.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 1, to what town is Pnin headed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pnin's first name?
2. In Chapter 3, how does Pnin feel about having to bring the book back to the library?
3. Why was Pnin made to sit in his bed for weeks with nothing to do when he was a child?
4. Who helps Pnin to adapt his room at the Clementses' house to his own utility and personality?
5. What does Pnin not realize while he is traveling in Chapter 1?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)