|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pnin decide to track down a certain professor in Chapter 3?
(a) He wants ask him a question about his lecture.
(b) He wants to see if he wants to go get lunch.
(c) He wants to know whether he is the one who has requested his library book.
(d) He is angry that he requested his library book.
2. In what year did Pnin leave his home country?
3. What does Pnin not realize while he is traveling in Chapter 1?
(a) That his car is not headed in the right direction.
(b) That he is not on the right boat.
(c) That he is not on the right plane.
(d) That he is not on the right train.
4. Whom does Pnin want to rent a room from in Chapter 2?
(a) Laurence and Judith Clements.
(b) Laurence and Janis Clements .
(c) Laurence and Joan Clements.
(d) Laurence and Jane Clements.
5. At the end of chapter 1, what poem does Pnin recall reciting in front of the entire school when he was a child?
(a) Pasternak's poems.
(b) Pushkin's poems.
(c) Brodsky's poems.
(d) Mayakovsky's poems.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Pnin, while he is discussing the poem in Chapter 3, which causes the class to laugh?
2. Why did Liza pretend that she wanted to be back with Pnin even though she was carrying Dr. Wind's child?
3. Why can't Pnin get his bag back from the man in Chapter 1?
4. Why is Pnin traveling at the book opens?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 1, to what town is Pnin headed?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)