|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pnin try to do on his own in Chapter 1 rather than take other people's suggestions?
(a) Drive himself to the college.
(b) Write the perfect speech.
(c) Find the perfect suit.
(d) Find a better route.
2. What is the title of the book that Pnin is asked to bring back to the library in Chapter 3?
(a) The Encyclopedia Britannica, Volume 18.
(b) The Switzerland Gold Rush, Volume 16.
(c) The Soviet Gold Fund of Literature, Volume 18.
(d) The Russian Revolution, Volume 2.
3. In Chapter 3, up until this point in his life, what has Pnin always been?
(a) A constant mover.
(b) A constant worrier.
(c) A failure.
(d) A procrastinator.
4. At the end of chapter 1, what poem does Pnin recall reciting in front of the entire school when he was a child?
(a) Pushkin's poems.
(b) Mayakovsky's poems.
(c) Brodsky's poems.
(d) Pasternak's poems.
5. What does Pnin miss while getting something to eat in Chapter 1?
(a) His bus.
(b) His connecting flight.
(c) His taxi.
(d) His connecting train.
Short Answer Questions
1. After showing his students a film, what does Pnin's student, Betty Bliss, remark that he looks like from the film?
2. Who helps Pnin to salvage his trip in Chapter 1?
3. Who stayed in the room before Pnin at the Clementses' house?
4. Why is Pnin traveling at the book opens?
5. By what means is Pnin traveling at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)