|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pnin try to do on his own in Chapter 1 rather than take other people's suggestions?
(a) Find the perfect suit.
(b) Drive himself to the college.
(c) Write the perfect speech.
(d) Find a better route.
2. After showing his students a film, what does Pnin's student, Betty Bliss, remark that he looks like from the film?
(c) George Washington.
3. Whom does Mrs. Clements tell she is looking to rent out her room?
(a) Mrs. Lawrence.
(b) Mrs. Taylor.
(c) Mrs. Thompson.
(d) Mrs. Thayer.
4. What is the name of the librarian at Pnin's college?
(a) Mrs. Thayer.
(b) Mrs. Clements.
(c) Mrs. Wind.
(d) Mrs. Bliss.
5. What is the title of the book that Pnin is asked to bring back to the library in Chapter 3?
(a) The Russian Revolution, Volume 2.
(b) The Encyclopedia Britannica, Volume 18.
(c) The Soviet Gold Fund of Literature, Volume 18.
(d) The Switzerland Gold Rush, Volume 16.
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving the library in Chapter 3, what does Pnin decide to do for the night?
2. Before leaving the library in Chapter 3, what word does Pnin look up in the dictionary for its proper pronunciation?
3. Why does Pnin decide to track down a certain professor in Chapter 3?
4. What is Laurence Clements wife's name?
5. Where was Pnin born?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)