|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Pnin traveling at the book opens?
(a) To take a test.
(b) To audit a class.
(c) To perform in a play.
(d) To deliver a lecture.
2. How does Pnin finally end up getting to the town in Chapter 1?
(a) He gets a ride with a group of women.
(b) He gets a ride with a group of men.
(c) He gets a ride from his brother.
(d) He gets a ride with a young couple.
3. Where were Pnin and his wife Liza staying when she met Dr. Wind, the man she ends up leaving Pnin for?
(a) Austin, Texas.
(b) Tuva, Russia.
(c) Meudon, a suburb of Paris.
(d) Marseille, France.
4. What city did Pnin end up in 1919?
5. Why can't Pnin get his bag back from the man in Chapter 1?
(a) The man does not understand Pnin's imperfect English.
(b) The man has dementia.
(c) The man wants to keep the bag for himself.
(d) The man does not like foreign people.
Short Answer Questions
1. How soon after Mrs. Clements tells Pnin he can stay at their house does Pnin arrive?
2. As a teacher, how would Pnin be described?
3. At the end of chapter 1, what poem does Pnin recall reciting in front of the entire school when he was a child?
4. Like many people from his home country, with what does Pnin have a fascination?
5. What does Pnin use in Chapter 1 that is five years old and, therefore, obsolete?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)