|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman who introduces Pnin at the seminar?
(a) Janelle Cummings.
(b) Jane Corrinth.
(c) Janis Clements.
(d) Judith Clyde.
2. Why was Pnin made to sit in his bed for weeks with nothing to do when he was a child?
(a) He hurt his back.
(b) He hurt his head.
(c) His parents and doctors were concerned about his heart.
(d) His parents and doctors were concerned about his lungs.
3. Why is Pnin traveling at the book opens?
(a) To audit a class.
(b) To deliver a lecture.
(c) To take a test.
(d) To perform in a play.
4. How serious is Pnin's condition?
(a) Not serious at all.
(c) Very serious.
(d) Not terribly serious.
5. By what means is Pnin traveling at the beginning of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Pnin to salvage his trip in Chapter 1?
2. How does Pnin's class size compare to other classes in the college?
3. How would Pnin's laugh be described?
4. Who is sitting near Pnin while he is traveling in Chapter 1?
5. How would Pnin's English be described?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)