|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what means is Pnin traveling at the beginning of the book?
2. What did Pnin try to do on his own in Chapter 1 rather than take other people's suggestions?
(a) Find a better route.
(b) Find the perfect suit.
(c) Write the perfect speech.
(d) Drive himself to the college.
3. While on his way to the town in Chapter 1, what is Pnin horrified about the possibility of losing?
(a) His satchel.
(b) His book bag.
(c) His brief case.
(d) His suitcase.
4. Where does Pnin make his first stop in Chapter 1 while traveling?
5. Like many people from his home country, with what does Pnin have a fascination?
(a) Complicated mathematic problems.
(b) Complicated maps, tables, and schedules that are used to navigate train systems.
(c) Different languages.
(d) American customs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman who introduces Pnin at the seminar?
2. How does Pnin finally end up getting to the town in Chapter 1?
3. How would Pnin's laugh be described?
4. What is Pnin's first name?
5. What does Pnin have because the man will not give him his bag back in Chapter 1?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)