|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of chapter 1, what poem does Pnin recall reciting in front of the entire school when he was a child?
(a) Pushkin's poems.
(b) Mayakovsky's poems.
(c) Pasternak's poems.
(d) Brodsky's poems.
2. By what means is Pnin traveling at the beginning of the book?
3. How would Pnin's English be described?
(a) Very poor.
(c) Greatly improved.
(d) Perfectly fluent.
4. What is Pnin's first name?
5. What abstract field does Pnin have no interest of getting into teaching?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is sitting near Pnin while he is traveling in Chapter 1?
2. What did Pnin try to do on his own in Chapter 1 rather than take other people's suggestions?
3. As a teacher, how would Pnin be described?
4. What is the name of the college where Pnin is a professor?
5. What is Pnin dependent on using when he reaches the town in Chapter 1?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)