|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the college where Pnin is a professor?
2. Why was Pnin made to sit in his bed for weeks with nothing to do when he was a child?
(a) He hurt his head.
(b) He hurt his back.
(c) His parents and doctors were concerned about his heart.
(d) His parents and doctors were concerned about his lungs.
3. What does Laurence learn from Pnin, in Chapter 2, that helps to change how he feels about him?
(a) Swedish body language.
(b) Russian gestures.
(c) Polish gestures.
(d) French facial expressions.
4. In what year did Pnin leave his home country?
5. What procedure does Pnin have in Chapter 2?
(a) He has hair plugs put in.
(b) He has a hearing aid inserted in his ear.
(c) He has surgery on his heart.
(d) He has all his teeth pulled and replaced with dentures.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would Pnin be described when he is drunk?
2. Why is Pnin traveling at the book opens?
3. What happened right before Pnin left his home country?
4. What is the name of the woman who introduces Pnin at the seminar?
5. How would Pnin's laugh be described?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)