Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Plutarch report to be the first Roman official to try to take up the issue that confronted Tiberius after his election as tribune?
2. Who does Plutarch identify as predecessor to Galba as emperor of Rome?
3. What honor does Plutarch report this earned for Demetrius and Antigonus from the Athenians?
4. Who led a conspiracy to overthrow the Roman Government that Plutarch reports Cicero exposed in the Senate?
5. Why did Plutarch claim that Tiberius was beaten to death on the Senate Floor?
Essay Topic 1
Plutarch reports that Caesar's life and travels were intertwined by events caused by other people. Starting with his reason for leaving Rome because of Sylla's relationship with his family and ending with his defeat of Scipio in Africa, identify the destinations of Caesar, the reason he took the trip, and what his mission there meant for him personally and achieved for the Roman Empire.
Essay Topic 2
Plutarch's biography of Sertorius established a pattern of examining the life of a leader whose live and experiences were intertwined with other lives that were covered by Plutarch. Sertorius directly confronted Pompey in Spain and both were affected by the Roman tyrant Sylla. How were both Sertorius and Pompey affected by Sylla, and how did the different relationships with Sylla influence the confrontation they had with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Aratus gained tremendous political acclaim by driving the tyrant Nicocles from his palace. Detail the steps that Aratus took to return to Sicyon and get in the position to remove Nicocles from power. How did he build upon that reputation to unite the cities of Greece into a defensive league.
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)