Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Plutarch report to be the first Roman official to try to take up the issue that confronted Tiberius after his election as tribune?
2. Who does Plutarch identify as predecessor to Galba as emperor of Rome?
3. What honor does Plutarch report this earned for Demetrius and Antigonus from the Athenians?
4. Who led a conspiracy to overthrow the Roman Government that Plutarch reports Cicero exposed in the Senate?
5. Why did Plutarch claim that Tiberius was beaten to death on the Senate Floor?
Essay Topic 1
Antony used his position that he cultivated with Caesar to rise to power in a triumvirate with Octavius after Caesar's assassination. Detail how Antony rose to power during and after the reign of Julius Caesar and how he fell from that power. Explain how the circumstances of his fall showed a character flaw that could have been avoided, and detail the steps that Antony took to victimize himself to his own flaw.
Essay Topic 2
Antony used a speech to turn Rome against the conspirators of Caesar's assassination. He used his influence to persuade Octavius Caesar to have Cicero executed in spite of Cicero's support for Octavius as a ruling member of the triumvirate. Explain why you think that Antony would have such an interest to have Cicero removed from influence based upon what you can identify as Cicero's rhetorical skill against political opponents and Antony's Ambition after the assassination of Julius Caesar.
Essay Topic 3
Plutarch was born a Greek, and as an adult became a Roman Citizen. He wrote during the First Century, A.D., while the Roman Empire was still in its ascendancy. Give details of how Plutarch's background and citizenship influenced his choice of historical figures for which to write biographies, the events he chose to cover, and how he characterized the cities and citizens that were affected by these figures.
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)