|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the four being compared does Plutarch report had no great action worthy of a commander?
2. Who did Plutarch report to be the first Roman official to try to take up the issue that confronted Tiberius after his election as tribune?
(c) Caius Laelius.
3. How does Plutarch explain the differences in the public acceptance with Demetrius' collection of wives and mistresses and Antony's affair with Cleopatra?
(a) The Spartans commonly practiced polygamy whereas monogamy was the standard in Rome.
(b) Demetrius only married Spartan women, but Antony pursued women of many nationalities.
(c) Demetrius married many women to leave many sons, Antony only pursued women to enhance his political status.
(d) Demetrius pursued both wealthy and common women, but Antony only pursued wealthy women.
4. Who was the Macedonian King from which Plutarch reported Demetrius and his father, Antigonus, freed Athens?
5. Who does Plutarch identify as predecessor to Galba as emperor of Rome?
Short Answer Questions
1. What political difference does Plutarch recognize between "The Spartans"?
2. What does Plutarch report led to Antony's suicide at the threat of being defeated by Octavian?
3. Why did Plutarch claim that Tiberius was beaten to death on the Senate Floor?
4. How did Ochus come to succeed Artaxerxes, according to Plutarch?
5. Plutarch's tone in the profile of Aratus changes from his other reports. Why is this?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)