Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Plutarch report to be the first Roman official to try to take up the issue that confronted Tiberius after his election as tribune?
(c) Caius Laelius.
2. Who does Plutarch identify as predecessor to Galba as emperor of Rome?
3. What honor does Plutarch report this earned for Demetrius and Antigonus from the Athenians?
(a) They were named among the Athenian dieties.
(b) They were given powerful positions in the Athenian Assembly.
(c) They were given a palace.
(d) They were awarded with vineyards and gold.
4. Who led a conspiracy to overthrow the Roman Government that Plutarch reports Cicero exposed in the Senate?
5. Why did Plutarch claim that Tiberius was beaten to death on the Senate Floor?
(a) Because homeless soldiers got tired of waiting for his success and stormed the senate floor and cornered Tiberius.
(b) Because landowners became frustrated by his persistence and decided to end it in the senate.
(c) Because Octavius made a speech that associated Tiberius' actions with those who had ambitions to become king.
(d) Because the senate was convinced that he was involved in the conspiracy against Caesar by Antony.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Plutarch report was to be successor to Artaxerxes throne?
2. According to Plutarch, what was the difference in political support between "The Roman Brothers" and "The Spartans"?
3. What does Plutarch claim that Brutus' decision to betray Caesar prove?
4. According to Plutarch, for what was Cicero's rhetoric noted?
5. What does Plutarch claim Demosthenes did with his suicide?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)